Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  309
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112

Post Thanks / Like
    Dsynr, thanks for that tip! I have the pins and I will try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pencil holder on the table next to my chair in the living room. I keep a pair of scissors, a pair of snips and the crochet hook I am currently using. I also have a small pill bottle which holds my tapestry needles. A bag holds the current project I work on next to my chair also. To keep track of my scissors, I keep a pair in each room of the house, including laundry room and bathroom. So far, I am somewhat organized but my yarn bins definitely need sorting right now so I can weed out what I definitely won't be using.

3. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep my hooks in a pencil bag, for project bags I use the hard sided shopping bags that wal mart sells (only $4.00) plus I have many other shopping bags from Cracker Barrel, they are nice because they come in three sizes. I keep a WIP in each bag. My yarn is kept in copy paper boxes that my husband brings home from work. I recently tried organizing it according to color and types of yarn, we will see how long that lasts. I put a sticky note paper with a description of what color or type of yarn is inside.

My patterns are kept in large folders, and smaller folders that fit into my hard sided bags work well for patterns in my "to do" list.

Judi G

5. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also keep individual projects in shopping bags, small and large. I usually have 5 or so going at a time. LOL I use a hinged lid plast box for my hooks. Other supplies like stitch markers, tape measure etc. in a zip pouch. My bins are packed to the brim with yarns. Not by color, but by type, wool, cotton, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    I keep my hooks in a pencil bag, for project bags I use the hard sided shopping bags that wal mart sells (only $4.00) plus I have many other shopping bags from Cracker Barrel, they are nice because they come in three sizes. I keep a WIP in each bag. My yarn is kept in copy paper boxes that my husband brings home from work. I recently tried organizing it according to color and types of yarn, we will see how long that lasts. I put a sticky note paper with a description of what color or type of yarn is inside.

My patterns are kept in large folders, and smaller folders that fit into my hard sided bags work well for patterns in my "to do" list.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like

Yarn stash

Hahahaha. I'll show you a portion of my "studio" that has some of my yarn stash in it. I'm still trying to organize. (Well, I would if I could figure out how to add a pic to this post.) Crochet Tips for Organization for 2013! Crochet Talk Contest Thread-yarn-stash-jpg

Did it work?????

8. Likes Judi Gums, amanda, little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    B.W. still looks neater than mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I was brave I would show ya'll what a mess mine is but I want to hold on to whatever bit of dignity I have. lol So you are doing a great job Brenda.

11. Likes amanda, little drummer, b.wieber liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I'll ever get mine straightened out...I spend too much time keeping my mom's stash straight.
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the time it's cluttered with polymer clay projects, crochet projects, beading projects, etc., etc., etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Closing thread due to number of posts/replies. Thank you!

If you would like to discuss crochet tips for organization more, please create a new thread.