Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  309
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep all my favorite patterns on the computer. I don't need binders and it takes up no space at all. Plus I never have to wonder which binder it is in. When I have scanned all the patterns from a book into the computer, I sell the book online so I free up a little money for supplies.

2. Likes little drummer, yarnoholic, okwie264 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My niece's name is Pam and she lives there in Tampa area and so does my sister. I've never been to that side of Florida and probably never will. Who knows? But if I do I will look you up because I'd love to meet all my buds on CrochetTalk. You guys are all special to me. Thanks!

4. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I look forward to meeting you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not very organized with my crochet supplies.... I do have a case for my hooks and keep it in the same place all the time so I don't have to search for it. But my yarn is a huge mess....I have bags and the rubbermade type totes, tote bags, plastic bags, the large zip lock bags etc. I do have it sorted into projects but I lose it all because I don't have one place to keep it all. So...if I can't find my yarn for a project right away I just go buy more (shameless I know). My patterns are also in totes or binders with a lot on the computer too, and I have those, sort of, organized. It's just shameful but I do have plans to get it all organized soon, just not sure when I'll have the time right now.

7. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you could see my room you would say shameful for sure. My file cabinet was fake wood. It fell part, so now years of paperwork a mess on floor. No room to move new file cabinet in yet. So bags and plastic boxes of yarn mixed with paperwork,what a chocolate mess. I' worn out two paper shredders! I hate going in there. I've lost all motivation to work on fixing it.
    HELP,
    Pam

9. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnoholic View Post
    If you could see my room you would say shameful for sure. My file cabinet was fake wood. It fell part, so now years of paperwork a mess on floor. No room to move new file cabinet in yet. So bags and plastic boxes of yarn mixed with paperwork,what a chocolate mess. I' worn out two paper shredders! I hate going in there. I've lost all motivation to work on fixing it.
    HELP,
    Pam
    My file cabinet got pushed into the dining room and is in the way for sure. But the room where I have "half" of my stash you can't even walk in. That is my project for the very near future. I have to get that room cleaned out completely and I'm not too sure where the stash is going to end up right now. sigh.....

Post Thanks / Like
    You come help me and I'll come there to help you.

12. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This looks great, Landon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Twinfaye! Try this: Wind an inch or so of the yarn around and through a bobby pin. slip the bobby pin onto the yarn skein/ball...holds end, easy to put on and take off, cheep.....

15. Likes justplainjudy, little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Storage Ideas

Crochet Tips for Organization for 2013! Crochet Talk Contest Thread-storage-collage-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Please post crochet tips for getting organized for 2013. This will include ways to get organized in some of the following areas:
    This is a before photo. Getting to be much more organized. It would be quicker if I could stop buying more yarn etc. LOL
    Crochet supplies Zippered makeup bag.
    Knitting supplies My straight needles are in a cardboard wine carrier. My circular needles are in baggies.
    Yarn & Hooks ... I store the majority of my yarns in plastic bins. My hooks are contained in a small plastic hinged box. Metal ones and wood are seperated and rubber banded together.
    Storing patterns My pattern printouts are in folders/ afghan / scarves / toys / etc. Completed patterns are in a seperate folder.
    Storing items made for others If the item is small enough, I put it in a ziploc bag or if needed a larger shopping bag or box.
    And so on!

If it helps you to organize your crochet time, then it is worth sharing with others! Good luck and thanks for participating!

NOTE: Feel free to also post photos here if you would like as well as valuable tips to help others in getting more organized for the new year in this area!
    Crochet supplies Zippered makeup bag.
    Knitting supplies My straight needles are in a cardboard wine carrier. My circular needles are in baggies.
    Yarn & Hooks ... I store the majority of my yarns in plastic bins. My hooks are contained in a small plastic hinged box. Metal ones and wood are seperated and rubber banded together.
    Storing patterns My pattern printouts are in folders/ afghan / scarves / toys / etc. Completed patterns are in a seperate folder.
    Storing items made for others If the item is small enough, I put it in a ziploc bag or if needed a larger shopping bag or box.
    And so on!

17. Likes Barbara G. liked this post