Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy I'm stuck, can anyone help please

I have been trying to work on this snowflake afghan, i have made all the squares but am having a problem understanding the instructions on joining the squares. I am thinking they missed. I can follow on joining the 9 squares together but the in between is what i don't understand. posting the instructions bellow. IF ANY ONE UNDERSTANDS THE PATTERN, PLEASE HELP! was making this as a gift for my mother-in-law. :(:confused::confused::confused::confused:

JOIN SQUARES

Join in 7 rows of 9 squares, alternating squares 1 and 2, beg with square 2 on first row of squares. Work all around first square and then join rem as follow: Continuing in pattern st for rnd 6, join on 1 or 2 sides as necessary while working rnd 6. Join each ch-2 sp, ch 1 and continue. To join where 4 corners meet, ch 1, drop lp, draw lp under to over through opposite ch-2 sp, ch 1 and continue. To join 4 corners meet, ch 1, drop lp, draw lp under to over through opposite ch-2 sp, ch 1, drop lp, sk next corner ch-2 sp, drop lp under to over through next corner ch-2 sp, ch 1 and continue until all squares are joined.

Rnd 6: Draw up a lp of white in first ch - 1 sp to the left of corner, ch - 1, sc in same ch - 1 sp, [ch 2, sc in next ch-1 sp] rep around, working at each corner ch 2, sk next tr, sc in next tr, ch 2, (sc, ch 2, sc) in corner ch-3 sp, ch 2, sc in next tr, ch 2, sk next tr, sc in next ch-1 sp, ending with ch 2, sk last st, join in beg sc, fasten off

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello...hang on...someone who has done sqaures should be able to help you...thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree!! This is very confusing, but hey, I'm going to give it a shot. You have your squares made. Round 6 is the joining round . It's white. I go left to right when joining squares, so the first square of the first row is at the bottom left which is number 2 in your pattern. Crochet Rnd 6 all the way around and fasten off. I picture the second square to the right of this square. As you crochet Rnd 6 around this square you are going to join one side to the first square. Since I would be assembling it from left to right the first square would share its right edge with the second squares left edge. As you crochet, you are going to be connecting the loops from the first square with your new loops on the second square. Your pattern doesn't say how to do that...(1)ch 1, slp st in the ch 2 space of the first square, ch1 (2)ch 1, sc in the ch 2 sp of the first square, ch 1 or (3)ch1, drop loop, put hook down through loop on your first square, grab the ch 1 loop from your second square, ch 1. I suspect since you're dropping the loop at the corner they might want you to do (3). The new loops on the second square will match up 1 to 1 with the loops in the first square. On the first row of 9 squares, you will only join on one side of each square. Each row after that, you will be joining on 2 sides (except the first square of the row) so the 4 corner join will come into play. I think you just join the four corner loops together two at a time until you are back to row joining. I picture this: join loop 1 to loop2, then loop 2 to loop 3, loop 3 to loop 4, finally loop 4 to loop 1. Just, drop your chain 1, poke your hook in, grab the loop, and pull it up, then chain 1 each time.

Well, I agree again that this is confusing. I wish I were with you because it might be easier to explain in person. GOOD LUCK!

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just getting so frustrated with it that I just may do 2nd round of 6 on each square and join them sew them together and then do the edging. I can connect the 9 squares together have no problem with the drop loop to connect joining square but how do i go around each square once i reach the end one. just join all the way around until i come to the 1st square but then all the attached ones i just joined are not joined next to each other just around the corners....... this is so confusing to even explain. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    OK- I'm very confused too! If nobody comes through with how it's supposed to be, I would do it your way!! That way you couyld say some of it was your pattern!! We all do it!! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    lol ty.......

Post Thanks / Like
    this is confusing and it's hard that every time I try to read this, my family says....hey what are you doing? What's that....are you going to use that cup...so sorry...maybe your way and it becomes your own and special....happy crocheting....

Post Thanks / Like
    hahaha, thanks everyone, i just gave up on instructions and finishing it off my way, just going to have to buy more white now.

10. Likes Barbara G., Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I am glad you gave it up! I would have been crying! It made no sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    it would help more if we could see the pattern..good luck finishing it!