Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Wow, I am glad you gave it up! I would have been crying! It made no sense to me.
    I had put it aside for about a week thinking maybe i was tired of working on it and be all nice and refreshed when i got back to working on it, boy, was I wrong. lol. last night i finished doing another round on square 1 now going to do squares 2 and hopefully be putting it together by tonight and tomorrow do edging. I am freaking out already because i have not made a dent on my Christmas gifts..... ahhhhhhhhhh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hon, I truly know how you feel!! I have had trouble with two afghans and it took days to work them out. I made a spiderman afghan for my son and it almost drove me crazy. Christmas will go on even if you don't get everything done. I know you want to make everyone something but you have a life to live that makes crocheting secondary. I have all the men in my family to crochet hats for and I'm not panicing. If I get them done it will be good if not they are grown ups and they can wait. So give yourself a break.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks twinfaye, I managed to get all the second round done on squares and began sewing them together, keep your fingers crossed that i have them all put together tomorrow and by wed am done with it. the other stuff are easy things i can bang out 2 or three in one day.... but, like you said whatever i can can done great. if not then will have to buy them a little something... trying to budget myself this christmas being money is a little tight and figured i can make my gifts this. guess next year will have to start a few months earlier.. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do it. I believe in you. You will get it done and done well!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Craftycookie, I don't know if you are done yet with your afghan but here is a link to a youtube video I found helpful when joining motifs what ever you end up doing I am sure it will be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you'll post the instructions for both squares, I'll work up a short sample and figure out your problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    reddebbie_1, what a nice thing to do and very helpful! You are new to us but I forsee a great future! Love thoughtful people! We have a lot of them on this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have the original pattern booklet or leaflet, you can contact the mfg/distributor, i.e. Red Heart, Bernat, etc, via email. I had a pattern that confused me, emailed them about my confusion and they emailed back in a few days with a designer explanation in a step by step format of how to complete the joining issue I was having. It took a few days, but I was grateful for the response and alerted them that they had a flaw in their instructions for future printings or internet distribution of that pattern. And, it was a whole lot easier on my frustration level to put it away for a few days and work on something different (I always have at least three crochet projects in the works at one time, just to avoid boredom). Hope this helps a little.