Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  69
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Lily Cotton Sugar'nCream yarn

Has anyone tried this yarn. I saw it listed in Hobby Lobby's online website. I was wondering if it was a nice yarn to work with.

Thanks

2. Likes Carynjoyb, libertylady64, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Tammy!!
    Yes, this is a wonderful yarn to work with. I buy a lot of it and have made several things with it and use it when I am gifting kitchen or bath towels. I have a stack of kitchen towels in my kitchen I have made. I have also made my wallet out of it and cell phone cases.

Here are some of the colours I have used and it is the yarn I use in my teaching tutorials:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2150[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2151[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2152[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2153[/ATTACH]

Happy Crafting!
    Landon
    Attached Images Attached Images Lily Cotton Sugar'nCream yarn-cremeoranges-jpg Lily Cotton Sugar'nCream yarn-sugarncremetowel-jpg Lily Cotton Sugar'nCream yarn-doublehalf-jpg Lily Cotton Sugar'nCream yarn-yellowsquare-jpg 

4. Likes tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pictures, Landon. They show quite nicely the color effects of this yarn. On a personal note, I like working with this yarn. I have a plastic G hook that pulls through this yarn like lightning. It's the only time I use this hook because I prefer the metal ones.

6. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much, Landon! Hobby Lobby is free shipping through tomorrow, 12/08/12, if you spend $25. Plus you can use their 40% off coupon on one item.. in case anyone is interested.

aporfirio... who makes the plastic hook you use? I want to try it to see... thank you too!

Pretty pics Landon!

8. Likes Landon, rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that hook was a cheap freebie attached to a magazine about a year ago. I almost threw it away, but stuck it in my stash. I never used it. One day I was making some placemats with the yarn you mentioned and misplaced the hook. Went in my box and just pulled this one out. Wow..I was blown away by the feel and the speed I got. Ever since then I have been looking for one just lke it so I could have other sizes. No luck. If I ever find them I'm gong to buy about a million. BTW, the plastic is slightly flexible. Unfortunately, it doesn't work so great on worsted weight.
    Annette

10. Likes Landon, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have made 'bags' and dishtowels....I do like the yarn....

12. Likes Carynjoyb, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's a good yarn for making wash/dishcloths. I give it a thumbs up!

Nice work Landon!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

14. Likes Carynjoyb, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Can be hard on the hands. But it is affordable and makes great dishcloths, potholders, and bags. If you want a sturdy cotton this one is great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! I can't wait until this yarn is on sale! I have also used it to make some washclothes! It does not fray or have hardly any issues with crocheting, in my opinion!

17. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sugar and Cream

Sugar & Cream great for baby bibs, dish cloths, towel tops and fingerless gloves. Any thing that needs a lot of washing. I find it too expensive for large projects. I did make a summer shrug and it was perfect.

19. Likes Carynjoyb, Val liked this post