Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  46
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi landon, just go all the way down to the home page of the we site and look for resources, the click onto "our treatment centers" they have them in every state!
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Hey, Yawl, I visited their website, how to you find out what or where is close to you? I am guessing mine will be in St. Louis somewhere. Or I can ship out to someone, whichever works for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to help also, maybe we can just make them and mail them out to you and you can hand the over to your friends that are affiliated with the hospitals or organizations. just a thought

Post Thanks / Like
    [
    I did this on my own when I was a breast cancer patient going thru chemo. I just crocheted a bunch of chemo caps and took them to the hospital and turned them in at the reception desk. The girl working there put the box of them in the chemo room with a card saying they were free for the patients and they were soon all gone. I know they were used because I was sitting in my surgeon's office one day and a patient walked in wearing one that I had made. I said nothing but admired her cap :-) There are many crochet patterns on the internet for them. Just Google "free patterns for crocheted chemo caps" and you will find a variety of them.

4. Likes libertylady64, rosieh20, favesis37 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the great pics bailey! Am going to try your hat for someone for x-mas. Was going to start from the top but this would be a good practice for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    As a breast cancer patient i know how much these can mean to some one. The night we had my "shaving my head" party i got so many hats and loved them. You guys are awesome!!!!!As far as sending them somewhere how about anyone who makes them can pick. so like after a month you draw a name of the ones who made them that peron picks where to send for that month?

Post Thanks / Like
    Another thought , people who are recovering , after chemo and radiation need them also, now that myhair is starting to come back i need them jsut as much to cover up the new growth i dont want to cut it but it is very un ruley

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that you have been through this but how sweet are you to be thinking of others. I think they should go to favesis37 and then you take them to the place you received your treatment. So if it is alright with you I will send mine to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thats awesome but thats not why i posted, i just know how down i felt when i lost me hair and fun cute warm hats helped so much, also scarves. I lost my hair in feburary so it was cold.Now its december and growing back and i still need them.lol i will gladly donate mine to university hospital which is where i got my chemo and radiation done at. Thanks so much!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    where do we find recovering chemo victims? My mother had alopecia and now, so do I and I do not like wigs so I go for hats.
    Bailey
    In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter is currently more than half way through her chemo treatments. When she is finished, she will undergo radiation as well. She had long hair so she got a long haired wig. She also got a denim newsboy cap, that has "hair" attached to the back of the hat so it looks like your own hair. She doesn't like knit hats as a rule, but she is currently knitting one and if she likes it, she might wear it. If a cap is done in double crochet and is a little holey, the wearer can wear a liner (used for wigs) underneath. They come in different hair colors. I recently made a few hats, pretty basic but basically my own design. It is made with double crochets and I found a nice 2 layer flower on the internet. (I forgot the site where I found it.) I intend to donate them to a local cancer support group.
    I don't think that you necessarily have to make the caps in pink, but you could use pink in the flower if you like. I would imagine that the women would like pretty vibrant colors and some might like a basic black or brown. For men you could use dark colors, beiges, browns, blues or heathered colors.
    My daughter gets her chemo in the oncologist's office. I might even bring a few hats there as well.
    Last edited by mamarose22; 12-08-2012 at 10:19 AM.

12. Likes favesis37 liked this post