Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting my Crochet Business - Info. and Ideas Welcome (and needed:)

I'm doing it. I'm taking the plunge. Out of need, yes, but mostly desire. I've read, listened, learned new stitches and about some of the marketing and things that go along with having a crochet business. I've been crocheting some items, etc., but need to work on some of the things I really want to offer.:

I still have a lot of work to do, including writing up my patterns, but I've been advised to learn how to work Etsey, and just get it out there. So that's what I'll be doing along with getting ready for the holidays.

So I'm asking any of you that do sell your crochet or have a craft business, if you have any tips, ideas, warnings, etc. I'm open to everything. I believe you can never learn enough and want to listen to other's ideas, or hear what works best for you.

It's that or get a job, and I may need to do both for now. I wish I had gotten this going sooner, but for many reasons haven't been able to.

And, I'm a big PROCRASTINATOR, so you can give me a push and remind me to keep on track if you want. I won't take any offense!

Anyway, I love this site. And will definitely let you know where you can find me on the web, and I will post links on free patterns (once I learn how to do it). (That's part of the problem. Fear of being able to do all the internet/computer things necessary to sell online. Although I do want to do some craft shows and could kick myself that I didn't get ready for the Christmas rush.

But no looking back. I'm scared, but I'm going to do it. Wish me luck. (I already got some encouragement when I joined, and I want you to know that was very helpful).

Happy Crocheting
    Joy

2. Likes Val, Anaisa, chefmomster2, tawnyafletcher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy, Good Luck with this. I too am interested and will be watching your progress. So far, have done craft shows (not profitable for me). I do better just selling to folks i know from work. .... ChristineT

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy - sounds like you will do just fine. Personally, I do not sell at this time but we do have many on site here that do. Some of them are VERY busy right now with the holidays, so some of your responses may come later on when they check back into the site. Look forward to reading more!

5. Likes chefmomster2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    First congratulations in taking the plundge....I wish you much success and will be keeping an eye out for you....plus when I can remember anything I will share...hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy, you've already taken GIGANTIC steps toward opening a crochet business. You are on your way! Congratulations and you'll be in my prayers. Much success to you!

8. Likes chefmomster2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone. I really appreciate your support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Joy

And congrats on a big decision!

Be sure to type your patterns in word and then convert to PDF. But always keep a copy of both. Should you ever decide to publish your patterns on Amazon or B&N you will need the Word file.

If you send me your email address I will send you a copy of my ebook Etsy Store SEO. Its about how to set up an Etsy store and how to get views thru SEO etc etc.

Please feel free to ask me anything

Kay

11. Likes chefmomster2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that would be wonderful. Thank you so much. My email is Joyannerose@hotmail.com. But I'll go to your site too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could I get a copy too as well? [email]Landon_Eason@yahoo.com[/email]

Thanks ever so much!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy, all you will get from here is support and encouragement!! If you wear your creations out, you might want to get business cards so you can hand them out. Of course, you'll need your online addresses on there as well as contact info. It sounds like you are getting your bases covered!

15. Likes chefmomster2 liked this post