Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've mentioned some of my Team Spirit items. Well I've been wearing different scarves and what not each football game to kind of let people know what I can do. Well someone I didn't know turned around at the last game and complimented me on my crocheted items, later my husband said he thought I was going to "jump on her" with all my info. Well he better be prepared. As soon as I have my Etsey shop address, etc. to put on cards, I WILL be whipping them out! lol

2. Likes chefmomster2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone that wants a copy please just shoot me an email and that way I can be sure I sent them to the right people

kayscrochetpatterns@gmail.com

If anyone has questions after reading it or questions about selling on Etsy, publishing patterns etc, just ask me. I am always an open book and a firm believer that there is room for everyone to be successful.

**Joy and Landon I just sent your copies!
    Last edited by kayscrochetpatterns; 11-28-2012 at 07:40 PM.

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck Joy..I wish you the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    This means so much to hear all ur support. Not that my guys don't want to be supportive. But since they don't understrand the passion for crochet, they don't get it, and laugh at some of my ideas. Hubby could not fathom that people would ever pay for doll clothes. When I told him what they cost in the store he was floored. See, no girls. And my sons laugh at my web surfing skills, well I'll give them that. But their biggest shock was that there were actually blogs were we went to talk about crochet!:-) they r clueless, but they r trying to be supportive now that they know I'm serious. I'll keep them. And u guys

8. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck with your business. One piece of advice is make sure someone ELSE tries your patterns before you post/sell them.

Too often patterns found on the Internet are incomplete or misleading. The person who wrote the pattern is familiar with what should be and works more from memory than written directions. Someone trying the pattern for the first time needs very clear, specific written directions.

I've run into this problem even on the Red Lion site, so it's very important that your pattern can actually be followed to create the item.

10. Likes Val, chefmomster2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will do fine! After doing something on the computer a few times you will wonder what you were worried about! If you go to the FAQ section you will see a wonderful video on how to post those links! Just remember that if you don't get it right the first time, read the instructions again step by step and try try again! Most of times you can back track to not publish, if you publish and it isn't right, what the heck,,try again! Good luck, you will do fine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy, I'm so excited for you! I wish you much success, I'll also say a prayer or two or three for you and your new business. I know it will succeed though, talent, determination and a willingness to learn the tricks of the trade you will get it down in no time. I have faith in you!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

13. Likes Joyannerose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am wanting to do kind of the same thing but the only difference is, I am not doing the patterns. I just want to be able to sell what I make. I just don't know how I would get started to be able to actually make some money. Not being able to hold a full time job this is the only way I see for me to make money and I really enjoy crocheting and making other craft items. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get started?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixpixlix View Post
    Good Luck with your business. One piece of advice is make sure someone ELSE tries your patterns before you post/sell them.

Too often patterns found on the Internet are incomplete or misleading. The person who wrote the pattern is familiar with what should be and works more from memory than written directions. Someone trying the pattern for the first time needs very clear, specific written directions.

I've run into this problem even on the Red Lion site, so it's very important that your pattern can actually be followed to create the item.
    I know what you mean. Prior to this I didn't have anyone to ask. But now maybe someone on here will test my patterns. First I have to translate my chicken scratch. And I really want to do symbols with my patterns. Makes it so much easier. Eventually!