Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Completely agree with how valuable YouTube is, it is invaluable when there is nobody to ask or you get stuck on a pattern and you don't know what to do. I have also got some great knitting patterns from sites like Knitting Pattern Central, and of course Ravelry which has some quite unusual stuff to download. Problem with the internet is once you start googling for "craft sites" or "knitting patterns" all sorts of lovely things come up and you spend hours and hours looking at stuff and adding to the "to do" list!!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    If only there was more hours to the day! I used to say that I don't find that time flies yet now, with a lot to do and very little time to do it, I find it hard to cope some days. I wish I had more free time to crochet...wonder when I can take a project up again...
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa and others,

I did find some really good Utube videos on crocheting. I posted one in another thread somewhere. It gave me the inspiration (along with this group) to start refreshing my crochet skills. I am not quite finished doing the first lesson, yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes indeed, the free stuff available on the Internet these days is just pretty amazing. Personally, I learned a lot of stuff online not only in terms of crafts but other things as well. For example, I had no idea what granny squares were before, but I found them pretty cute so I researched and found out how to create them. How? Through the Internet! Next thing, after creating granny squares, I didn't know how to join them. So again I searched on the Internet and again found what I was looking for. It was a YouTube video so I was able to learn everything step-by-step! And the best thing about ALL these great info that we have now - which we didn't have back then - is that it's FREE! But yeah, sometimes, the deluge of info can be tough to wade through, but with practice, you get to weed out the good from the bad stuff and eventually, you'll pull through!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning,

I am a visual learner. Seeing how things are done provides so much more learning for me! For some people, it is the actually picking up and doing the project.

It is really neat to see how different people learn best!

Post Thanks / Like
    You're right Barbi. People learn things differently. And the advantage of this generation now is that they have a lot more options for learning, which should be more encouraging although some kids now are easily distracted and just can't see though these distractions. Anyway, having been active online for more than a year now has allowed me to learn a lot of things from the Internet, which is something I'm really thankful for.

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Computers

Just had a phone call from my granddaugher, I think she is very proud that she has a computer literate grandmother. Who would have thought this years ago, when we were young. Wonder what will be invented or developed after we are gone. Sometimes it scares me to think...

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am sorta the lazy type and would anyone post some links of sites they have used that have good material on crocheting for beginners. It will save me a lot of time trying to sift through the material myself since I do not know exactly what to look for. Long live the Internet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dee and others,

The links and resources forums have links and some videos posted. We are adding more each week to the forum to help others will crochet projects.

I hope this helps everyone! Have a great crochet day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbi
    Lost you there, did you mean this forum ??? have check out top of this forum and didn't find anything about links or video. Misty