Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lately, I've been using the internet to find recipes. It's amazing what's out there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I agree. I have been using it for recipes for a long time. I have several sites that I go to and bookmark them. When I don't have a clue what to have for dinner, I just type in the ingredients of have and they come up with recipe meals.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use an online weather site that opens each morning and gives, me my area's local weather for the week. It also provides weather alerts throughout the day if there is bad weather coming. Another freebie to take advantage of is online bill paying through your bank. The payments go out when you set them to and you don't pay any postage. There are also lots of places to either download or listen to the type of music you enjoy for free. I haven't bought a CD in years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use them both and usually print out the seven day forecast, but alas it usually changes the next day. Don't know why the weather is so hard to predict.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have found some useful how-to videos when I was learning the basics of knitting...I was having difficulty with only drawings as they were not clear. The videos did help me out quite a bit as I managed to knit a rectangle right away! I used youtube but also ehow? I think it's that, they have a section where there are videos, or am i mixing two things?!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think there might be videos on how to knit the European way. Maybe...............

7. Likes yarnmama liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    @Misty - I was curious about your question so I checked. There were actually quite a few videos on YouTube on Continental or European knitting including this short 30 second one: I guess if you've thought of it, someone has captured it and put it on YouTube!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow ,
    Thats great, do you think we could learn from watching a video, or would it have to be step by step in a book

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great. Thanks for posting it Theresa. I've never heard of European knitting, but now I want to try it!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we can learn from watching a video, my personal experience is that i have had to pause it a lot of times to try out what i watched first then continue with th viewing and pause...and so on. Books/images are a great way to refresh your skills but i think learning by watching someone do it is the best way.
    FairyNatB