Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Wondering Why

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering Why

On the head for the girl puppy and the head for the boy puppy the next rnd after Rnd 18 is Rnd 1. Rnd 18 is 12 sts at the end of the rnd. Rnd 1 is sc2tog 6 times. For the head of the boy puppy I just figured they made a mistake and I did Rnd 1 as the next rnd. Now that I started the head of the girl puppy and it says the same thing ( rnd 18 and the next rnd after rnd 18 is rnd 1) either they made another mistake but they probably didn't; I'm going to just figure Rnd 1 as the next rnd.

wondering why they wrote the pattern this way.

I forgot to tell you that it's a crocheted pattern. The boy and the girl puppies are (difficulty: intermediate). I just wonder if it's something that I don't know about ( Rnd 1 comes right after Rnd 18 in the pattern)?

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    On the head for the girl puppy and the head for the boy puppy the next rnd after Rnd 18 is Rnd 1. Rnd 18 is 12 sts at the end of the rnd. Rnd 1 is sc2tog 6 times. For the head of the boy puppy I just figured they made a mistake and I did Rnd 1 as the next rnd. Now that I started the head of the girl puppy and it says the same thing ( rnd 18 and the next rnd after rnd 18 is rnd 1) either they made another mistake but they probably didn't; I'm going to just figure Rnd 1 as the next rnd.

wondering why they wrote the pattern this way.

I forgot to tell you that it's a crocheted pattern. The boy and the girl puppies are (difficulty: intermediate). I just wonder if it's something that I don't know about ( Rnd 1 comes right after Rnd 18 in the pattern)?
    Hi Jean Marie,
    Maybe they mean Rnd 1 is round one of the body???
    ~~ Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hi Jean Marie,
    Maybe they mean Rnd 1 is round one of the body???
    ~~ Jo
    Hi Jo,
    Good thinking but Rnd 1 of the body is 6 sc in a magic ring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo,
    Good thinking but Rnd 1 of the body is 6 sc in a magic ring.
    It sounds totally confusing! I'm sorry you are having this problem. Let us know if you get it figured out.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

5. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    It sounds totally confusing! I'm sorry you are having this problem. Let us know if you get it figured out.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    I contacted the designer

From the designer:

Airali design <info@airalidesign.com>

Hi Jean,

I am happy you are making another puppy!
    There's definitely a "9" missing on that line. It should be "Rnd 19"

As for the terminology used in the booklet, unfortunately it was not my choice, that is the style used by the editor.
    You may know that I use a different way of writing my independent published patterns.

Happy crafting!

Ilaria

I finished Rnd 1 as the rnd after rnd 18. Rnd 18 -12 sts at end of row. Rnd 1 (sc2tog) 6 times [6 sts]

I wasn't having a problem; I was just wondering why they wrote it that way but now I think they must've wrote it that way for a reason, but on both the head for the girl puppy and on the head for the boy puppy? It could've been a mistake but on both of them?

7. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I contacted the designer

From the designer:

Airali design <info@airalidesign.com>

Hi Jean,

As for the terminology used in the booklet, unfortunately it was not my choice, that is the style used by the editor.
    You may know that I use a different way of writing my independent published patterns.

Happy crafting!

Ilaria

I finished Rnd 1 as the rnd after rnd 18. Rnd 18 -12 sts at end of row. Rnd 1 (sc2tog) 6 times [6 sts]

I wasn't having a problem; I was just wondering why they wrote it that way but now I think they must've wrote it that way for a reason, but on both the head for the girl puppy and on the head for the boy puppy? It could've been a mistake but on both of them?
    Glad you asked them about it and got a good response. Looking forward to seeing photos of those puppies!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥♥

9. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean,

If I had 50 cents for every pattern which was not clearly written, or had outright errors, I'd be sailing around the world in a yacht.

11. Likes Nova55, spoula liked this post