Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use the Russian Join or a similar technique?

Does a Russian Join stay together? What about a similar join? I don't like knots in my work so I do it the old way - putting the new yarn through the last 2 loops of the old yarn and weave in my ends which is weaving in my ends back and forth and then back again( so the yarn doesn't come out) if I have enough yarn to weave it back and forth and back again - 3 times - otherwise I'll weave it back and forth - twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Until yesterday, I hadn’t used the Russian Join in a crochet project. Most of my crocheted things are solid (no holes), but I needed to join a new ball in a new-to-me border that’s quite holey. I did a Russian Join. It’s unlikely to ever come undone. The test will be when I wash and dry the blanket tomorrow.

3. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've tried the Russian Join, it does stay.
    I had to stop knitting and spend time threading the yarn, and then it seemed a little thick.
    I like the way you do it.
    The weaving is just part of finishing up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Does a Russian Join stay together? What about a similar join? I don't like knots in my work so I do it the old way - putting the new yarn through the last 2 loops of the old yarn and weave in my ends which is weaving in my ends back and forth and then back again( so the yarn doesn't come out) if I have enough yarn to weave it back and forth and back again - 3 times - otherwise I'll weave it back and forth - twice.
    I use the Russian join and love it for knitting. But for crochet, I usually just lay the old and new yarn on the row to be done and crochet over it. I leave a few inches.

6. Thanks Jean Marie thanked for this post