Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

Thread: Crochet Club

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jankasony View Post
    Hi Jo,

We had a left-hander in our crochet group and I struggled to show her how to do the stitches. (Being a righty, my brain couldn't adjust). We solved the problem by having her sit across the table so that we were facing each other (kind of created a mirror image). Worked like a charm!

Jan
    Hi Jan,
    That was a great idea! I will remember that for my group, if I get a lefty!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all!

Our crochet club met on Wednesday this week. There were 5 of us this time. Only two ladies are making the scarf. One is making a baby blanket for her new granddaughter, and one is making a potholder. She is an avid crocheter and helped teach the lady learn to make the baby blanket. I was helping the two with the scarf pattern. I myself am not crocheting anything at this time. I need to find a project that keeps my attention. Maybe I will work on one of my WIP's again. I have a mitered corner afghan I started years ago that needs to be finished.

My current project (an ongoing one) is making beaded Rosaries for our church to give to missionaries. I joined this ministry about four years ago and have made hundreds of nice Rosaries. It is fun and relaxing and I can take it with me on our boat, or in the car. We are currently on anchor on the Ohio River. I made three Rosaries on the way to our anchorage spot yesterday. I know it isn't crochet, but I'm telling you about it to let you know a little more about my hobbies. Crocheting isn't the only thing I do. I like to keep my hands busy!
    Stay well everyone!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo.
    Thanks for sharing. That is a lovely idea to make beaded Rosaries for your church to give to missionaries. What kind of thread do you use to secure the beads?
    On a funny note, I would not mind being on an anchored boat but not a moving one. Mal de mer.

I have lots of thinks I have not finished, and I am still working on the ones I mess up and try to fix.

Have a blessed day,
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 08-12-2022 at 07:41 AM. Reason: spacing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Jo.
    Thanks for sharing. That is a lovely idea to make beaded Rosaries for your church to give to missionaries. What kind of thread do you use to secure the beads?
    On a funny note, I would not mind being on an anchored boat but not a moving one. Mal de mer.

I have lots of thinks I have not finished, and I am still working on the ones I mess up and try to fix.

Have a blessed day,
    Spoula
    Hi Spoula,
    I use size 9 Bonded Nylon Twine in several colors to make my Rosaries. I buy it, the plastic beads and crucifixes from a Rosary Making Supply website. But, I have also made special Rosaries for family and friends out of glass beads that I bought from Jo Anne's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Walmart. I have bought some beautiful metal crucifixes from the same website as the cord, etc. I use those on the special Rosaries I make.
    As far as being on a boat on anchor.....unfortunately for you, the boat has to be moving first to get to an anchorage spot. Bummer, huh?
    ~~ God Bless.....Hugs, Jo

5. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo,
    Thanks for the information on the thread and other stuff.

I like you last information about the moving boat to get to an anchorage place. I meant I would sit in an already docked boat not moving is great for me Ha.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Jo,
    Thanks for the information on the thread and other stuff.

I like you last information about the moving boat to get to an anchorage place. I meant I would sit in an already docked boat not moving is great for me Ha.
    Spoula
    Well, you can come and sit in our boat in the harbor any time! We'd love it!!

8. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo, Thanks you are a sweet lady.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    I got an email from Jean DeWall and she wanted me to let you know about the trip she is taking to Israel on the Heart Of God tour in November.
    Here's what she wrote. ~~ Jo

Hi Jo,
    There's a informational meeting tonight (Thursday, August 18) at 7pm. It is going to be live streamed. Anyone can listen to the informational meeting even if they're not going on the trip. Thought you might be interested in this.

Since I've been locked out of my laptop I haven't been on Crochet Talk. Could you go to Crochet Talk and tell Spoula that I'm going to Israel and about the information meeting tonight. She might want to listen to it. I heard that there's going to be a film tonight at the informational meeting.

I'm writing this from my phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo,
    Thanks for the email and thank your friend Jean DeWall for thinking about me. I just looked this up on the Internet and it looks like a nice trip.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone!

Well, it looks like the crochet club is probably over. I'm just speculating, but no one came to our last meeting last week and didn't call or email me. Two ladies did reply to my email about the date of the meeting, but no one else. I have sent them all a note that I am cancelling the meetings for the rest of the year, due to the holidays coming up. I also said if they aren't interested in the club any more, to please let me know. We never really got a good start with the club anyway. It won't upset me if they don't want it to continue. It was nice meeting all of them and I hope what I taught them will be enough to keep them crocheting.