Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456

Thread: Crochet Club

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't feel bad about it. You gave a "gift" to the members and they received it, and hopefully appreciated it. I have found out that with adults, "life" seems to get in the way of activities. Each year at the dance school we have well meaning adults who never danced before requesting dance class. So each year we start a new adult class, ballet, jazz, stretch, tap. This season we started an adult Tap class (as we have many times in the past) Six adults requested the class and 4 actually registered. It has been good since September, but we will see.

Just remember, you did what was requested and did it willingly of your own free time. That is a gift in it's self.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Don't feel bad about it. You gave a "gift" to the members and they received it, and hopefully appreciated it. I have found out that with adults, "life" seems to get in the way of activities. Each year at the dance school we have well meaning adults who never danced before requesting dance class. So each year we start a new adult class, ballet, jazz, stretch, tap. This season we started an adult Tap class (as we have many times in the past) Six adults requested the class and 4 actually registered. It has been good since September, but we will see.

Just remember, you did what was requested and did it willingly of your own free time. That is a gift in it's self.
    Thank you, Teri for you very kind words. Maybe the ladies will want to start the club up again in the Spring. If not, well...I tried. I am not angry or upset about it. I just don't understand why people seem anxious to learn something and then, just drop out without the courtesy of letting me know. Maybe they didn't like my way of teaching? Whatever it is, I'm sure they will find a way to get the training they want. Maybe it will be on YouTube. There are many good teaching videos there. I wish them success with crocheting.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hello everyone!

Well, it looks like the crochet club is probably over. I'm just speculating, but no one came to our last meeting last week and didn't call or email me. Two ladies did reply to my email about the date of the meeting, but no one else. I have sent them all a note that I am cancelling the meetings for the rest of the year, due to the holidays coming up. I also said if they aren't interested in the club any more, to please let me know. We never really got a good start with the club anyway. It won't upset me if they don't want it to continue. It was nice meeting all of them and I hope what I taught them will be enough to keep them crocheting.
    Maybe they thought they learned everything there is to learn and felt they didn't need any more classes.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Maybe they thought they learned everything there is to learn and felt they didn't need any more classes.
    Hi Jean Marie,
    That wasn't the case with a few of the women. We only had a few meetings. But, I understand that they all had other things they needed to do. One lady volunteers a lot and another one was in a garden club that met on the same day. Of course, that season has ended for the year. But, now the holidays are upon us and everyone is too busy. Actually, including me! No worries. Maybe it will start again in the Spring....maybe not.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like

Teaching Crochet

Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hello everyone!

We have a neighborhood website where people talk about all kinds of things happening in the neighborhood. One lady (Linda) posted that she would love to find someone to give her crochet lessons. I answered the call and volunteered. We met at her home and decided to wait until after Easter to start the lessons. Since then, other women have asked to join us. So, I asked if they would like to form a crochet club and the overwhelming answer was "YES". So far, we have 13 ladies signed up! The problem is having enough seating for so many people. Her home is lovely, but she doesn't have enough seating. Of course, in the warm weather months, we can meet at a park, or on someone's patio. We can all bring a folding chair, if necessary. We are so surprised at the response to start a club! So, crocheting isn't dead around here. In fact, some of the women said they used to crochet and want to pick it up again, since they have retired. Linda and I are so happy this has blossomed into a group of women who want to keep crocheting alive!
    ~~ Jo ♥♥
    Hi Jo, Are you still teaching crocheting?

Jean Marie