Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Along (Thread 2) .... One Skein Scarf for beginners

Hello All,
    I thought it would be fun to maybe start a new tradition... Once a month do a crochet-along. I will host the first one starting today and then other people can do it and pick out the pattern and post info. I don't know about you guys, but I love this idea because I am a WIP girl, so this will light a fire under me to get this finished. This is a one skein scarf and the pattern is for beginners. You can choose to keep it for yourself or donate it to a good cause. I thought if we did this once a month it would give everyone a chance to participate and have a month before the next project. Here's the pattern...

Directions for One-Skein Scarf to Crochet

Skill Level: Beginner

Abbreviations:

Attachment 1263Attachment 1263DC = Double Crochet
    SC = Single Crochet
    CH = Chain

With size I crochet hook, ch 21.

Row 1: (2DC, ch 1, 2DC) in 5th ch from hook, *skip 3 ch, (2DC, ch1, 2DC) in next ch. Repeat from * 3 more times, ending with skip 1 ch, DC in last ch, turn.

Row 2: Ch 3, (2DC, ch 1, 2DC) in each ch 1 sp across, ending with DC in top of turning
    ch, turn.

Repeat row 2 until scarf is your preferred length. If desired, work sc border around entire scarf before binding off.
    Attached Images Attached Images Crochet Along (Thread 2) .... One Skein Scarf for beginners-skein-scarf-jpg 

2. Likes Judi Gums, angie22, Amber&TuckersMom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I copied to above thread to create a second thread for those who would still like to participate in this crochet along for the month of October. I know that many of you are already done with your scarves, but new people may desire to participate. Remember to post your progress and let us know that it was for this crochet along and you will be placed in this month's contest drawing. Or, you can post a question in the main thread which is useful in learning something about crocheting to be entered as well. For more info - see the contest thread which is stuck to the top of the main forum.

Post Thanks / Like

My scarf is Done!!!

This is my scarf that I finished...I had to add another color on each end since the skein of yarn was not new and had already had some used out of...

Crochet Along (Thread 2) .... One Skein Scarf for beginners-scarf-jpeg

5. Likes angie22 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is very pretty. The yellow on the ends compliment the rest of the scarf. Great job.

7. Likes jcrsga liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How clever of you to add the yellow that way!!! What is the dark colour? I can see the yellow, orange and what else? I love how you made your scarf!

9. Likes jcrsga liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    I copied to above thread to create a second thread for those who would still like to participate in this crochet along for the month of October. I know that many of you are already done with your scarves, but new people may desire to participate. Remember to post your progress and let us know that it was for this crochet along and you will be placed in this month's contest drawing. Or, you can post a question in the main thread which is useful in learning something about crocheting to be entered as well. For more info - see the contest thread which is stuck to the top of the main forum.
    Hi Barbara:

Is it another scarf CAL?
    Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrsga View Post
    This is my scarf that I finished...I had to add another color on each end since the skein of yarn was not new and had already had some used out of...

Crochet Along (Thread 2) .... One Skein Scarf for beginners-scarf-jpeg
    jcrsga :

You did a fantastic job! it is unique ! one of your creation. I like your way of work - use up the left over.... good work, and the scarf is beautiful!

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

12. Likes Landon, jcrsga liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon,,Here is the colors close up...the yarn is called Bikini by Red Heart...

Crochet Along (Thread 2) .... One Skein Scarf for beginners-scarf1-jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    very pretty...thanks for sharing.

15. Likes jcrsga liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bikini!! I love the name and how colourful it is!!! It looks very cheerful!!

17. Likes jcrsga liked this post