Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iistok View Post
    Hi Barbara:

Is it another scarf CAL?
    Ivy
    Forgive me, but what is CAL? - Duh...just figured it out a Crochet Along! Same challenge - but if you so desire you are free to make another crocheted scarf! We would love to see more pictures! LOL

2. Likes Landon, Lynn E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

adult size Hello Kitty hat with scarf

finished this late last night. I love it. It is a christmas present for my 15 yr old granddaughter
    Attached Images Attached Images Crochet Along (Thread 2) .... One Skein Scarf for beginners-1016122336-jpg 

4. Likes billiebob, Val, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Kathy, your scarf is just precious!! What a fantastic gift for your granddaughter! You did a super job on it!

Post Thanks / Like

CAL = Crochet a long :)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Forgive me, but what is CAL? - Duh...just figured it out a Crochet Along! Same challenge - but if you so desire you are free to make another crocheted scarf! We would love to see more pictures! LOL
    You got it Barbara. is a crochet along. so we are going to do the scarf again? with any kind of yarn and pattern? or would you suggest the pattern? yarn?..

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

Post Thanks / Like
    October Crochet Along critique by Lynn E. - This first Crochet Talk CAL aka Crochet Along, initiated by Claayaa has, in my opinion, been very enjoyable. It has been a pleasure viewing all the photos posted by the members. One wishes every member had a camera & the inclination to post photos of their projects.

The support and encouragement was wonderful, especially for those of us that didn't quite "get it" at first. My personal experience working a pattern was zilch. That I finally overcame my reluctance to tackle anything harder than half double crochet is due to all the help received from other members and being able to look closely at what the shawl was supposed to look like

As a beginner confusion reigned supreme for awhile due to the fact that I had no clue as to what a "skein" of yarn really was. A hook size was specified but the type of yarn (DK, fingering, bulky, etc.) wasn't. The yarn I used was based solely on color, autumn colors, and was actually a ball of ribbon yarn only 93 yards long. The resulting muffler (if it's a narrow rectangle, it's a muffler in my personal dictionary of terms) initially measured 6" x 32". I've since added an edging to fatten it up so to speak As a newbie I would have experienced less angst had both the hook size and a yarn been specified but then again, no pain - no gain !

I'm looking forward to finishing my October CAL project and blundering into the November CAL, coordinated by the famous Barbara G (Barb). In December we have the Gift Exchange, the most excellent idea of, and coordinated by, Carolyn1953 (Caro) which is already stirring up lots of excitement!

The idea of perhaps making a toy to donate during the holiday season is also being mulled over. Perhaps a * POLL * would be the best way to determine if any members are interested in giving a little gift of happiness to a kid. (I wouldn't mind one myself!)

So there you have it. Opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not reflect the opinions of this station...oh, sorry. Got a bit confused there...

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please I would like to know what/which project to CAL in October and November? also please advice yarn type and patterns if is available ? I too, enjoy very much to this activity . learn and gain a whole lot of crochet project/stitchers. so much fun ........give me an opportunity to make morn stuff from all my stash.
    oh I think I finish my October project (scarf) ? so is the November project that I am looking forward to start?

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

10. Likes Erika liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful Kathy! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    here is my Cal...my ggrandson had to model one!
    Attached Images Attached Images Crochet Along (Thread 2) .... One Skein Scarf for beginners-afghan-023-jpg Crochet Along (Thread 2) .... One Skein Scarf for beginners-afghan-001-jpg 

13. Likes Landon, Erika liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow you aare so lucky I hardly get to see my grandson. Mom and Dad don't get along. I love your scarfs. I cant wait to start one I have and idea for a scarf and hat. LOL Don't we all.
    Last edited by billiebob; 10-20-2012 at 07:51 AM. Reason: didn't finish

15. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a beautiful scarf! The yellow was absolutely the " finishing touch"!