Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: v stich squares

Post Thanks / Like

v stich squares

A long time ago I crocheted 1 'more v's please' square. Instead of the hdc on rnd 11 I did dc. After the 11 rnds I did 2 more rnds of v stitches, a dc rnd and then ending w/another v st rnd.

On the 2nd v stitch square I did the hdc on rnd 11 and then 4 more rnds of v stitches.
    Well I decided to make some more and I almost have 5 v stitch squares done.

On another square, which is probably the 3rd square, starting on rnd 8 I did 3 rnds of v sts, a rnd of hdc, 3 more rnds of v sts and ending w/a hdc rnd.

On the 4th square, starting on rnd 8, I did 8 rnds of the v sts and then a hdc rnd. The 5th square, the one I'm working on, is gong to be a hdc on the last rnd w/7 rnds of v sts, maybe 8 rnds of v sts.

It looks like I have too many stitches but I followed the pattern. It doesn't lay flat. The 1st 2 squares lay flat

Blocking doesn't work for me. I've tried it before so I just try to stretch and flatten it with my hands.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-14-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at the squares it looks like I have to have a hdc or dc rnd after 2 or 3 v st rnds so it will lay flatter but I haven't figured out why I would have to have a hdc or dc between the v st rnds.

On the v st square on rnd 8 I started w/the v sts. I have 7 rnds of v sts on the 5th square and it looks like I have too many sts and I didn't crochet the hdc rnd as the last rnd yet!

Do you think that I should crochet the hdc or dc for the last rnd? Would you do a hdc or dc rnd (the last rnd of the square) when the square already looks like it has too many sts cause it doesn't lay flat?

I have a couple of the 'more v's please' squares where the last rnd is a v st rnd.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-14-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,

I saw this yesterday and thought of you, have you seen this video? It is a different way to do a "V" stitch. It looks like the one I did for my pool cover up but easier than the stitch I used. Is it the same stitch you are using in your square?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    No, that is not how I am crocheting the v stitch. The video you posted above is a inverted v stitch.
    Jean