Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Christmas Gifts

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    The gifts I always make for Christmas are the cards I offer to close family...I put effort and time into them so they are special. I always make a very special one for my husband and though he says he always discards the cards he receives after about a month, he admitted to keeping mine! I sometimes make a doily for my sister or mum and mobile phone pouches. This year I am not sure what I will have time to make.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband always keeps his cards from me too, and the next year I recycle the inner message for someone else. He does'nt save his handmade slippers, however, he wears them out!!!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that makes me remember my dad used to make slippers for me...I loved them! He does not make them anymore but still crafts other little things.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    That must be a special memory, what kinds of things does your dad do now? My husband needs something to do besides watch tv!

Post Thanks / Like

Ugly blanket?

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    I am making the Ugly Blanket for my husband and bookmarks for some of the kids in my youngest son's play group. I don't have time to make more than that. Sadly I waited too long to get started. I'll do better next year.
    Theresa I am new to this group can you please describe what a ugly blanket is?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on stockings for my grandchildren and a few extra for great nieces and nephews also going to do a few elf hats and of course toys will be added to my list of to do

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making scarfs and hats for a granddaught and 2 other girls a raggy ann doll for the 19 month granddaught and another doll for a little girl and some doilies for a friend and if I have time I want to make 2 afghans for my son and daughter

Post Thanks / Like
    That's alot in 3 weeks, you must crochet alot faster than i do, "go nanny go" . Merry christmas to you and all our crochet friends

Post Thanks / Like
    My mom used to make my sister and I little doll accessories. One of my favorite Christmases was the year Daddy gave me a toy bassinet and Momma made a blanket, pillow, and nightie for my doll

I don't really have anyone to make that kind of stuff for nowadays, but I am working on some handmade gifts. A lot of handmade Christmas cards, too!
    Raggy Rugs on Etsy Eco-Friendly Rugs, Home Decor, and More

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to wish everyone of my new friends here a very Merry CHRISTMAS and a Happy NEW YEAR. I have the hats and scrafs made and the doll and the cloths on Raggy Annie I like the eyes nose and month and sewing the buttons on the cloths. Hope I get the doilies and afghans made.

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post