Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Can a person switch hands crocheting mid project?

I'm right handed and I crochet with my right hand. I was wondering if I could crochet with my left hand and saw something about flipping your crochet work so you can crochet the other way but wouldn't that mess up the crocheting. You have one side the right side of your work and one side is the wrong side of the work. then if you flip or turn your crocheting so you're going the other way then you would have the right side and the wrong side of your work on the same side wouldn't you. I tried crocheting left handed and it didn't work so I went back to what I know - crocheting with my right hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie! You are correct about right/left handed crochet. I go left to right and right handed crocheters work right to left. So the front side would be different if the two ways were combined. You should continue stitching the way you begin. Hope you are well. imalefty

3. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I read this and thought how could you turn your work so that you would be crocheting left to right. You could do it if you used two balls of yarn one at each end but I think your stitches would be different. Although you might come up with a new design. I think I would stick to one or the other.
    It was an interesting question.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    crocheting right to left and turning at the end of the row, then you're crocheting right to left on the next row but if you are crocheting right to left and decide to turn your work in the middle of the row you wilol then be crocheting left to right but if you do that then you will have the right side of your work and the wrong side of your work on the same side. So it would be better (in my opinion) to either crochet right to left or left to right not crocheting both ways

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I understood your first post and I understood the concept. I crochet from right to left and if I turn my work I would still be crocheting from right to left. I don't see how you can turn your work using the same yarn ball if you wanted to try and change your crochet from left to right.
    I would not be able to use my hook in my left hand and do any stitches (ha) I can't even change the way I hold my hook in my right hand.
    Spoula