Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

I made simple crochet mistakes!

I'm working on crocheting a baby blanket. I re-did some of my crocheting cause I had crocheted on the back side of a granny square; I put some of the big squares (4 smaller squares sewed together) on backwards on the strip of 4 big squares; I had started to crochet 4 dc's in the corners of the granny square and put the 1st 4 big squares together which doesn't quite lay flat so I decided to crochet 5 dc's in the corners of the granny squares instead of 4 dc's and then on the 3rd time around a granny square w/dc I put 5 dc's in the corner when I didn't need to. I only needed to put the 5 dc's on the first rnd around the granny square not on the 3rd rnd.

Why did I make such simple mistakes? Have you made simple crochet mistakes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie! Yes, I have made simple mistakes as well. One time I was attaching the yarn to the body of a sweater to crochet the sleeve. I counted at least twice and put it in the wrong stitch anyway! I could have kicked myself! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Jean Marie...the answer is yes I have made numerous mistakes like that. I guess is could be for me just being tired and not paying attention. The worst is the baby blanket I am working on currently; I had thought I was done with the blanket itself (appliques have to be finished and applied yet) and with my relief of being done I guess I was not paying attention to the count and the blanket was on a slant for about a 1/3 of the way. Needless to say I had to rip it out and get back to the correct count. This blanket still isn't finished and is a nightmare!!
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post

Why did I make such simple mistakes? Have you made simple crochet
    mistakes?
    I find I make mistakes when I can't wait to finish one so I can start the next one.

Spoula

5. Likes Nova55, MeToo! liked this post