Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like

2. Thanks Teri thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    @Jean Marie. While that is a most interesting video, I cannot imagine going to so much trouble to get multiple colours which will (supposedly) flow well in a project.

I should think it would be way more fun to pore over all the different colours (in any given line of yarn) than to plow through all those giant cakes, separating the colours, and reworking into balls. Indeed, I can spend hours just looking at yarns on the internet and/or going to the yarn store and hunting endlessly - until the restrictions on our freedom to shop in person.

For small projects, as discussed earlier here, there are brands that sell mini-skeins which come in sets or packs.

4. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting enough I got Herrschners catalog yesterday and saw that they are selling Redheart mandala cakes designed with colors to make an amigurumi pattern! With the pattern supplied on the label! Now that is a clever idea. All the colors needed in one cake to make one amigurumi project! Sort of like a kit.

Has anyone seen this? Have I just not noticed it. I don't get to the yarn stores as they are all too far from me. We are pretty rural here. You can buy yarn at the local hardware store! LOL. But certainly not the offerings of a Joannes or Michaels, which happen to be about 45 miles away. So online and shipped is how I normally get my yarn. There is a Walmart about 30 miles away in the opposite direction but since all the chaos that began last March they are usually quite empty, and are still.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    yarn labels usually have patterns on the back. Sometimes you get yarn that doesn't have a pattern on the back of the label.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes I know this....but I thought it interesting that the mandala cake has the exact colors as the little amigurumi project and the exact amount of yarn color for the project.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com