Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know what these crocheted things are?

If you look at the second picture on page 1; Can anyone tell me what the short things between the ears are called? I'm crocheting reindeer hats. I have one hat done. I'm working on the second hat. I have one of those short crocheted things that's between the ears in the picture that I crocheted. I want/need to crochet a few more but I don't have the pattern book with me. Maybe I can figure it out by looking at the other one but I thought I'd look for a pattern but I don't know what they're called.

Reindeer hat for my Dad

ps I didn't crochet earflaps this time. The pattern for the reindeer hat is in a Loops and Threads Ho Ho Celebrations but I don't have the book with me so I don't know what the things that's between the ears are called. I want to crochet a few more.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-29-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an idea on how to crochet it. I'm going to try it but I would still like to know so I can find a pattern.

I found this: Bunny & spider finger puppets – neschof.com I'm following what it says for the basic body. It's the same pattern for the first 3 rows for the killer bunny finger puppet that's on here. I clicked on the bunny and spider finger puppets cause the bunny finger puppet didn't have a pattern 10 Free Finger Puppet Crochet Patterns
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-29-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I think the little things between the ears are little horns could be a baby deer.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula. I saw that google said antlers or horns so I thought it might be horns and I googled that but didn't find anything, not what I wanted anyways but I did find a couple patterns that I posted above. My husband said they could be antlers. I saw on google that deer grow new antlers every year. I tried googling stubs and bumps but no luck there. But like I said I did find a pattern.

My husband said to try googling 'new growth'. I just googled that, probably googled last night too but no luck; google just says white tailed deer covered with hairlike membrane and something about tissue growth. new growth antlersare called what - Google Search
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-30-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Thanks Spoula. I saw that google said antlers or horns so I thought it might be horns and I googled that but didn't find anything, not what I wanted anyways but I did find a couple patterns that I posted above. My husband said they could be antlers. I saw on google that deer grow new antlers every year. I tried googling stubs and bumps but no luck there. But like I said I did find a pattern.

My husband said to try googling 'new growth'. I just googled that, probably googled last night too but no luck; google just says white tailed deer covered with hairlike membrane and something about tissue growth. new growth antlersare called what - Google Search
    Hi I saw this maybe it can help it is a knitted reindeer hat with antlers. If you are doing crochet just crochet a little cylinder and stuff with cotton and make 2 for little horns.

Anybody know what these crocheted things are?