Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Babies dresses ?

Hello everyone !!!

You see i made a dress up to 12 month for my little girl , i tried to follow this chart
    [url]https://www.craftyarncouncil.com/standards/baby-size-chart[/url]

i accdently got size 18 in the chest and armhole depth , and i was thinking is it alright ?

cause i want to make a dress for my bff's doughter , and she is almost 6 month old now , i'm thinking that i might add an extra inch in the chest area , like it has to be 17" but i make it 18" so it can be comfortbale to wear , but im fread that its gonna look to big .

[B]so in making babies dresses should i make it exactly as the sizes writtin in this page ? or should i add extra inches ? [/B]

and if anyone knows the neck area neck width and depth , i made for 12 month neck width 11,5 cm and depth 5 sm , ist alright ?

if anyone can help with neck range and depth for all ages and how long or lenght should be the dress please help me !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luna411 View Post
    Hello everyone !!!

You see i made a dress up to 12 month for my little girl , i tried to follow this chart
    https://www.craftyarncouncil.com/sta...aby-size-chart

i accdently got size 18 in the chest and armhole depth , and i was thinking is it alright ?

cause i want to make a dress for my bff's doughter , and she is almost 6 month old now , i'm thinking that i might add an extra inch in the chest area , like it has to be 17" but i make it 18" so it can be comfortbale to wear , but im fread that its gonna look to big .

so in making babies dresses should i make it exactly as the sizes writtin in this page ? or should i add extra inches ?

and if anyone knows the neck area neck width and depth , i made for 12 month neck width 11,5 cm and depth 5 sm , ist alright ?

if anyone can help with neck range and depth for all ages and how long or lenght should be the dress please help me !!!
    I do not think you will have severe problems, there will be more give in putting the dress on and maybe a little give or looseness of the chest but will probably just fit longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello elproct, I make baby things all the time and I like to make them just a little bit bigger so the baby can get more wear out of it. If you have not seen the baby it is hard to judge the correct size to make (bigger or smaller).
    Below is a link I use to get an idea of the start for measurements. You can find more charts on the Internet for allsizes from newborns to adult.
    Hope this helps you.
    http://17sector.ca/wp-content/upload...e-charts-1.png
    Spoula

4. Likes elproct liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, those are the charts I use too. Good luck and have fun. I often ask the mom to do measurements of the child so I shape it just right for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello elproct, I am sorry my reply with the chart was meant for Luna411 it was her question. I appreciate your nice reply to me,

Looks like you and I are on the same page. I only make items for my grandchild so if I am lucky by the time I get to measure her and make the item she has not grown out of it yet. That is why I make mine a little bit bigger.
    Babies grow up so fast.
    Spoula

7. Thanks elproct thanked for this post
    Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing thnk you eveyrone !!! <33

i do the same i add an extra inch and make it little bit bigger , some one from my family suggested to pput the measerment next to the age since i'm deciding to start selling some crochet dresses , this way help moms to chose which one is the best for their babies and also reqeust extra inches also <3

i'm wooried about how long the chest area should be , for the age up to 6 month i made it 4 1\2 inches , since i want the dres to be ruffley after the chest area ist suie able or should i make it down to the waist ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello luna411,
    I think putting the measurements next to the dress is a good idea but also list the size of the dress you made. For example some babies might be 6 months old but wearing a bigger size because they may be longer or a little bit chubbier or the reverse they may be a small baby.

Good Luck,

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much !! what a bout how long the chest area should be ? i couldnt find any size chart contains the chest length .

[SIZE=1][B]" i want to thank you and add a like but i donw know how , so sorry"[/B][/SIZE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Luna411, You measure from the back to the waist for a baby. For 6 months it can be 6 1/2 inches. If you want an empire waist dress one that goes just around the chest area then you can guess and use 4" or stop at the underarm area.

You are welcome, we are all here to help each other. If you look at the bottom of your the post you are reading there is a purple band on my computer that shows two notes(Post Thanks/Likes) you can just click on one of those and it will send likes to the person that posted the item you are looking at. Barbara G. is the sites moderator and she has posts to help you navigate this site. You can also send her a private message and she can point you to where you can read all her hints and messages.
    Hope this helps,
    Here is a link for sizes I use as a guideBaby measurements.pdf
    Spoua