Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

? on crochet stitch

Ravelry: Crown Jewels Afghan Square pattern by Melinda Miller
    this pattern is a free ravelry download

If you go to the pattern then look at the special stitches - the one that says 'close double treble cluster' - how do they get 7 loops on the hook?

I don't know if I'm going to crochet the square or not but I would like to know how to do the stitch. I googled 'close double treble cluster' but just saw a video on how to do a double treble cluster and a video on 2 double trebles together. I didn't find an answer to my question above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,
    If you do 3 double trebles in the same stitch and keep 2 loops from each dtr on your hook that would be 6 plus the loop you started with that would give you 7 loops on you hook to make the cluster.

spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Spoula

4. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome, Is that what you are working on now?

I am working on a blanket I wanted to do one with the Tunisian simple stitch in little squares. I started cutting yarn and making little balls to change colors and got tired of that real quick.

I was in the mood to make some blankets and I had just ordered some bamboo hooks from the internet with long cords to make blankets. So far I have been using the hook but not the cord as I don't need it since I am not using the Tunisian stitch. I should have thought that one out before buying 12 hooks.
    Spoula

6. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I have a couple of hats to make. The pattern for the square above has some stitches that I'm not familiar with. It would be good to try different stitches. or at least to know how to do the stitches. I've made hats for 2 boys. Now I need to make hats for 2 girls.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-02-2020 at 01:14 PM.

8. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula! Guess we have all made the error of buying before totally thinking it through. I have done it more than once. I get so enthusiastic and don’t double check my thoughts. In my case it’s usually with a crochet kit I have seen. imalefty

10. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Imalefty, I start out thinking what I want to make the color yarn I want and when I start it turns out to be something else I am so bad about changing my mind. I over think my projects all the time.

I was mentioning to my husband that I was looking at crochet hooks on the Internet to buy one for my Tunsian blanket I wanted to make. They are very expensive for just 1. He was looking on line for hooks and was so proud of finding a set of 12 for the price of 1 that I was looking at. That is how I got 12 Bamboo crochet hooks with cords. I must say I really like the hooks they slide through the yarn nicely.
    spoula