Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to crochet a person?

If you have a picture of someone, can you crochet it? I think it's possible. I've seen pictures but doesn't a person have to pay for a crochet or knit pattern. Didn't someone on here crochet a picture of a person?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,
    There is a website that you can use by uploading a picture and they have a program that converts the picture into a graph and you can choose your colors. I used it to cross stitch my grandson and little granddaughter. A lady on this forum posted the website that is where I got it from. She made a blanket or picture with crochet of One Direction in Black and White it was really nice looked just like them.

Here is the website link I used
    Free cross stitch pattern maker - Stitch a photo - Pic2Pat

Spoula

3. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie,

I saw your post at 4.07PM that you found the blanket of One Direction that I mentioned to you in response to your question is it possible to crochet a person? I hope it works for you if you decide to try it I am grateful to Grammye for posting her lovely blanket and sharing the website with us.

I look forward to see what you make by using that graph. Glad I could help.
    Spoula

5. Likes Nova55, MeToo! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    I tried it and all I get is a chart and colors and a letter and pattern number but no pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, if you followed the directions and you received the chart and the colors you chose and the size you want to make all you had to do was click on the photo you uploaded and you will receive a PDF file to print or save.
    The system shows you multiples of your picture because it doesn't know how many colors you want to use. Put your cursor over each picture and a pop up of how many colors you would like to use will show you the number of colors and how many skeins it will take based on the number of stitches and size you selected then click on that picture.
    Your picture is you pattern and it is the first thing you see before the chart. If it does not look like your picture then you selected something to small or big in your sizing try again this system works every time for me.
    If you didn't get a picture of the pattern there are clear instructions on what you need to do. If you do not have Adobe on your computer there is a link (below) to download it is safe to do so.

These are the instructions from the Website for help if you need it.
    Click on the picture to load the cross stitch pattern.
    The cross stitch pattern can be printed and stored on your computer.
    Not satisfied with the result? Our partner Sleeklens offers professional edit services, tools and tutorials to enhance colors and contrast in your photos, fix red-eyes and remove objects and backgrounds.
    The cross stitch pattern will be generated in a PDF file which you can open with Adobe Reader or an alternative PDF reader. This kind of program is probably already present on your computer. In case you are not able to open the file, you can download the free Adobe Reader from the Adobe site.
    Try it again you will like this my grands look exactly like the pictures I uploaded. Also look at Grammy's One Direction Blanket I posted yesterday for you it looks just like Harry Styles and it was a big blanket.

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 06-12-2020 at 05:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have looked at the One Direction afghan. I did click on the picture and it comes up with a chart not a written pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie,
    If you used the link I attached it works. You are not going to get a written pattern. You will receive a chart with your picture in little blocks of 10 squares (this helps you to see how your picture will look when you crochet it) and you will receive a graph with the symbols for the colors you selected. You can determine if you want to do single crochets or whatever stitch you want to use for your pattern. You only have to use the symbols for the colors of each single crochet or stitch you will use.

It is best to use the least amount of colors. I think the lady that did the One Direction blank did hers in black, grey and white. I don't remember exactly but I remember her saying she didn't want too many colors to deal with.

You posted a link to a website on this forum not to long ago that will generate a pattern for you maybe you can try that one to see if you like it better.
    Spoula