Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Can a person crochet a knitting pattern?

I'm knitting a 'duckie illusion scarf' now. When I finish I was thinking of crocheting it. I might change my mind and not want to do it. I'm not sure. Casting on the stitches in knitting would be chain stitches in crochet wouldn't it? and then when it says to knit that would be crocheting on the right side of the work right? and when it says to purl that would mean to crochet on the back side of the chain ( in the bumps) or the back side of the row?

Just a thought. What are your thoughts on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, There are several websites that show you how to convert knit to crochet but it is not so easy. You can get something that looks ok but not a copy of the knit stitch. I made a baby sweater in crochet from a knit pattern. I did it with sc and on the next row making the single crochet in the V of the previous row to look like the knit stitch.

Knitting takes more yarn than crochet. Which ever stitch you want to use in crochet they would be the same as you normally make. Like sc on one row and when you turn you will sc on that rows.

It takes 2 rows to knit (K and Purl) to make the stockingnet stitch. Only 1 row for crochet. I only know this because I tried it once.

Below is a tip for converting knit to crochet.
    www.planetshoup.com/easy/tips/convert.shtml
    Spoula

Last edited by spoula; 05-30-2020 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added website link

3. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a knit stitch could be a sc and a purl stitch could be a ss.