Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think?

Front
    What do you think?-100_6983-jpg

Back
    What do you think?-100_6984-jpg

or do you think the ribbon yarn should be on the front?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody have any suggestions on weather the part of the ribbon yarn that has the glitter on it (the ribbon yarn in the picture) if it should be on the front or the back of the blue circle in the picture?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Not sure what you are making. If you have glitter ribbon then you wanted to show it off on your circle I suppose. Why buy glitter ribbon if you are going to hide it on the back. I really think it depends on what that circle will become when you finish. You are the designer of your item you can make it the way you want to. You have always used bold colors and crochet a pattern the way you want to in order to make it your own. I look forward to seeing your finished product.
    Spoula

4. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    Thanks for replying. Someone had given me some yarn and the ribbon yarn was in there too. I googled how to make a scarf with the ribbon yarn and made 2 scarves. The end piece I cut off after weaving in the yarn on the second scarf I cut so I only have the narrow strip that has the glitter on it. I came across the blue circle ( wasn't quite a circle; I had to put a ss in it to get a circle then I continued on). The blue circle was probably when I was helping someone with their crochet project and just never frogged it. I got the idea to put the ribbon yarn on the blue circle. I don't know what it'll be. I was just wondering which side looked better.

When crocheting on the front side of the blue circle the ribbon yarn happens to end up on the other side (or back side) when I crochet it. I guess if I crochet on the front side of the blue circle and put the crochet hook through the ribbon yarn before I put the hook through the blue circle the ribbon yarn would probably end up on the front side of the blue circle. So far I've been putting the crochet hook through the blue circle first and then through the ribbon yarn and then finishing the stitch which makes the ribbon yarn end up on the back side of the blue circle.

ps what do you mean by crocheting a pattern the way I want to make it my own?
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 05-18-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ps what do you mean by crocheting a pattern the way I want to make it my own?

I said this "You have always used bold colors and crochet a pattern the way you want in order to make it your own"
    I didn't mean that you are making the pattern your own but the item that you make with that pattern.

Nothing wrong with using a pattern and making changes to it to fit you or the person you are making it for. You have posted many times where you decide to change it a little bit. Make it longer or add a few more stitches than the pattern calls for. You do it your way and it turns out really nice.

I still remember all those dresses you made one pattern but everyone looked different as you added shells to the bottoms mixed up the tops with different skirts. Just like the Sailor dress of many colors. You just do things your way and that is what makes your items unique.

7. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula.

9. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, Do you mean like the time I was crocheting a dress and got tired of the stitch so I did something else? That's because I got tired of the stitch or when I followed a blanket pattern to make a square, not the whole blanket and then didn't make the square as big as it said to.

By the way I still have that sailor's dress; it never sold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, things like that you have a way about your crocheting that is unique. Sometimes you start something and find a better way or change it up a little.

I can't believe that dress didn't sell it was or is adorable and unique like I said your ideas are different. Like your reindeer hat for your dad and those unicorn hats very different. I think you posted a scary green hat for a little boy too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up taking apart the blue circle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,

Why did you take it apart? Did you find another idea to use the yarn?

The News this morning mentioned Michigan flooding as a dam broke.
    Do you live in that area of the flooding?

I hope you are OK.
    Last edited by spoula; 05-20-2020 at 06:38 AM.