Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

o.k. crochet talk, need some help

The hooded keyhole scarf. I did the 1st half and the second half and seamed the hood and turned the hood right side out. My question is on the border.

How do they figure attaching yarn to top of hood when the hood is already seamed. Do I just put the hook through both sides wherever the hook will go through because both sides of the hood are already seamed (crocheted together) or do they mean to attach the yarn on the end on the top on the side that wasn't seamed? because then I'm supposed to go down to the bottom points and around. At one time or another I'm going to have to go through where I seamed because the border is all the way around the scarf. So where do I attach the yarn and when I get to the seamed part of the hood how do I go about doing that? just go through some place the hook will go through on both sides?

The seam on the hood is sc. The border is hdc and some sc and dc

https://simplyhookedbyjanet.com/hood...ochet-pattern/

I made the scarf a bit longer 82 rows instead of 76 rows. 6 more rows. So the keyhole on the scarf is on row 38, not row 32. 32 +6=38. The 1st half and 2nd half of the scarf are both 82 rows.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-04-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jean Marie,
    I looked at the link you posted and she says you do the border after you seam them together. You may have a little more to do since you made yours longer. Look at the diagram and attach your yarn at the top. I think that is what I read.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    So when I get back to it I'll attach the yarn on the side that I didn't seam. One side is seamed together. The other side isn't. But when I get around to where I seamed the two sides together I'm going to have to put the hook through the seams from when I crocheted the sides together; there isn't stitches there that I can put the crochet hook through.

Another thing; when I crocheted the 2 sides tog in the back loop only of both sides I put the hook in the back loop of the side closest to me and the side further away from me I put the hook in the back loop as the one furthest away from me. (what would look like the back loop of the side closest to me and what would look like the back loop on the side furthest from me.) Not sure if that was right because awhile back I saw a video on how to put squares together in the back loop only. They said to take 2 squares and put them right side up next to each other. Then flip them so the right sides are together. The back loop of the square closest to you is what you would think (the loop further away or in the back) The back loop of the other square is not the furthest one but the one closer to you.

in joining - when right sides of squares are together weaving back and forth through the inner loops
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-04-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-04-2020 at 07:13 PM.

5. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post