Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you figure out row 5 on htis pattern?

I end up with 15 chain 4 loops instead of 16 chain 4 loops. I made this before. Never mind. I figured this out. I have 2 ch 4 loops to do yet not 1 ch 4 loop like I thought. Thanks for looking. The pattern is the 'more v's please' It's a 12 inch square. I don't know if I'll crochet all the rows - if I want it 12 inches or not. I'm crocheting with a H hook but I see it's supposed to be a I hook. I don't have the crochet hook size printed out so I didn't think it mattered what crochet hook size. I looked it up on the computer and found out what size crochet hook I was supposed to be using. Maybe I'll do one more row with the H hook and then switch to a I hook because that's where I'm going to change color. They don't want the pattern copied and put on another website but you can google the pattern.

ps I meant Can you figure out this pattern? (the title of this post)

Post Thanks / Like
    I started rnd 7 with a ch 3. The ch 3 wasn't by the corner so I cut the yarn and started on the corner for rnd 8 but couldn't figure it out but I finally figured it out to make it work so there's a skip 2 before and after the corner. I'm not counting the ch 3 as a dc. From what I figure rnd 8 has to start in the stitch after the corner; rnd 8 doesn't start in the corner.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-09-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, Is this the one you are making? More "V" Please pattern?

I like this one it is really pretty.

Melinda Miller has so many pretty patterns on the Internet it's hard to choose just one to make.

Last edited by spoula; 02-10-2020 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spacing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Jean Marie, Is this the one you are making? More "V" Please pattern?

I like this one it is really pretty.

Melinda Miller has so many pretty patterns on the Internet it's hard to choose just one to make.

Yes Spoula.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are 11 rnds to this pattern. After rnd 11 I'm repeating rnds 9-11 once more and then 1 more rnd of rnd 9. That will make it about 12 inches or 12 and a quarter inches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good choice, I read the pattern and it is easy to do and so pretty. Are you making this one for your exchange squares that you do each year?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I haven't done that for a while. The last rnd is v stitches which is either rnd 8 or 9. This is the second one I'm making. I have one on my dresser. I thought I would make some more to sell but it's turning out pretty and I might want to keep it. We'll see. What are the other patterns by this designer? Melinda is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ravelry: More V's Please Afghan Square pattern by Melinda Miller
    Here is a link to some but there are more on the Internet just type her name Melinda Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    No, I haven't done that for a while. The last rnd is v stitches which is either rnd 8 or 9. This is the second one I'm making. I have one on my dresser. I thought I would make some more to sell but it's turning out pretty and I might want to keep it. We'll see. What are the other patterns by this designer? Melinda is it?
    According to the copyright that Melinda has on her pattern it looks like I'm not supposed to sell anything I crochet from her pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    I said this was the second time I'm crocheting this pattern but I did it another time using a bigger hook and then on the last rnd I did the tunisian stitch or afghan stitch which made it stretchy and it happens to fit around a pillow (a pillow that goes on a couch or chair).