Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Dc18 Dc5 ect help

Okay... so basically I’m using Edwards Menagerie book, and I’m trying to crochet an elephant.. but I’m confused on the terms “dc18” like.. apparently dc2 mean to crochet 2 into the same stitch.. but dc18 means something different? Like can someone please give me a solid answer on what things like dc18 dc12 and things like dc5? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Star,
    The pattern will say if they want you to crochet in the same stitch. If they want you to dc2 or 5 or 8 or 12 or 18, etc. they're telling you to dc 1 in ea stitch unless it says to crochet in the same stitch. Can you share the pattern you are working on? It would help us to know better what they want.

Post Thanks / Like

Image to pattern

Dc18 Dc5 ect help-image-jpgDc18 Dc5 ect help-image-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Star,
    The pattern will say if they want you to crochet in the same stitch. If they want you to dc2 or 5 or 8 or 12 or 18, etc. they're telling you to dc 1 in ea stitch unless it says to crochet in the same stitch. Can you share the pattern you are working on? It would help us to know better what they want.
    Here’s the pattern
    Dc18 Dc5 ect help-image-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I just saw your question and the pattern you attached. Are you asking about the number at the end of an instruction? I ask this question because I didn't see any DC12 or DC18 in your pattern.

I did see total number off stitches of 12 and 18 in Rnd2 of the Legs portion of the pattern.

This might be confusing to a beginner. The pattern is telling you after a number of stitches in a sequence these are the ones in (18 ) you will have that many stitches at the end of the round.

Example: pattern on rnd 2: it states to make (1DC, 2 DC) in the next stitch. This will be 3 DC's and you will make this 6 times. 6 times 3 stitches will give you (18) stitches.

You may have already figured out what that means. I didn't see this until today.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Startrick! I have done and am still making many amigurumis. I think I can help. I looked at Rnd 2 of the Legs. What you will be doing is increasing the number of stitches in the round. In the first stitch dc 1. In the second stitch put 2 dcs. In the third stitch 1 dc. In the fourth stitch 2 dcs. Do this all the way around. You will have added 6 stitches giving you 18 stitches at the end of the round.
    Hope this helps. imalefty

6. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Imalefty, I don't know if the Legs were her question or not. I just saw her post where she said DC12 or DC18 what does that mean? I just saw those number in the legs part of the pattern. I am glad you responded since you know how to do amigurumis. At least we had the same results for the round. (ha)

Thanks for helping
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula! I just chose the legs because it seemed the easiest to explain. At the moment I am making a “cartoony” crocodile for a Christmas gift. The increasing can be confusing til you have done it a few times. At this point I have made nearly 150 amis. Some were for yearly ornament giving which are the same but different colors. They account for 15 per year. This year I made little fish. All are different color combinations though the pattern is the same. Have done birds,mugs of cocoa,snowmen,just to name a few. It’s become a tradition. Hope all is well with you. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Star Trick,
    Do you need any more help with the pattern?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you know a lot about toys. I only made one thing that I consider a toy. It was an Easter egg with 2 bunnies inside along with a log and a patch of grass with a flower. I gave it to my little grandson and years later his little sister. The bunnies got a lot play and looked deranged but they enjoyed them when they come to grandma's house.

I like traditions.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    On Rnd 18 of the Head it says DC12. That means to put 1 DC in each of the next 12 sts. Then in parentheses It says to DC 1, DC 2tog(together)4times. That means you are going to do what's in the parentheses 4 times. The Dc 1 means to put 1 dc in the next stitch. The DC2tog means to DC using the next 2 sts to make 1 dc.