Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Sweater pattern

Post Thanks / Like

Sweater pattern

Looking for a new sweater pattern. The pattern I have attached is my favourite but I am presently making my third one - first one too small, second one too big so hoping third time lucky! My friends benefited from my sizing mistakes though!
    So I have found some gorgeous yarn and want to make it in a new pattern. If it costs money that is fine as long as the pattern has excellent directions. I found that this pattern had some pretty poor directions. It can be intermediate-advanced. I would like a turtle neck, maybe with some design on the front/sleeves/collar. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nancy,
    I am crocheting a sweater too. I am not following a pattern so far. I chained enough so it fit around my waist. Then I did the stitch I wanted.

I did two rows of herringbone dc and then the 2 rows of dc at the same time and then the herringbone for 2 rows and the 2 rows at the same time. I've done some rows of regular dc.

when I got the sweater crocheted up to the arms I double crocheted and then chained for 1 of the arms and then chained for the other arm and double crocheted the rest of the row. Now I haven't done the sleeves yet. I'm crocheting more rows so the sweater can be wrapped around. So far the sweater looks like a sleeveless vest.

The more rows that I crochet the more I can fold it down for a turtle neck if I want. A design can be crocheted depending on the stitches you decide on.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-03-2020 at 06:48 PM.

3. Thanks NancyMcQuade thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am crocheting a sweater too. I am not following a pattern so far.

You must be highly experienced. I would not know where to even start something like a sweater! I even use patterns for dishcloths!

5. Thanks NancyMcQuade thanked for this post
    Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly! I need a pattern...and a good one at tat.

7. Likes spoula, MeToo! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nancy, I went online to find some crochet sweater patterns and there are many pages of sweaters with turtle necks. I would not presume to pick one for you but I saw this link for a sweater that has a design on the front and the bottom of the sleeves. What stood out for me was it had detailed instructions, charts, graphs and written interpretations with 3 calculated sizes. It looks like you can alter this pattern how you want as the pattern includes that information also.

Attached is the link below use it to serf other sweaters you might like.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/694243663/crochet-sweater-pattern-for-women?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga _view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=crochet+sweater +pattern&ref=sr_gallery-2-42

This link below has pages of sweater patterns.
    https://www.etsy.com/market/crochet_sweater_pattern?ref=pagination&page=2

Spoula

Last edited by spoula; 02-05-2020 at 07:12 AM.

9. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    VERY pretty! Thanks!

11. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome Nancy Ihope you find somethinng you like.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nancy, I just saw your location I think MeToo is from Manitoba? She post to this forum and she has a great sense of humor. She also crochets beautiful items.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post
    I am crocheting a sweater too. I am not following a pattern so far.

You must be highly experienced. I would not know where to even start something like a sweater! I even use patterns for dishcloths!
    Hi MeToo!,
    I wouldn't say that. I've been crocheting a long time but I wouldn't say I'm highly experienced.

15. Likes MeToo! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sweater is too big. I'm not so sure it's going to work.