Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

need help with instructions

Hello, I am attempting the Whysper Wrap by Noowul Designs but am stuck on row 3! I am only counting 6 sc and I'm supposed to have 8. Where am I missing two singles? Thanks so much

CH1, SC in first dc, CH 3, SC in next dc, CH 3, in next dc make [SC, CH 3, SC], (CH3, SC in next dc) 2 times, turn. (8 sc)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi sandrane,
    How many dc's are there in row 2?

I googled it. I don't know how they came up with 8 sc's on row 3.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-24-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrane View Post
    Hello, I am attempting the Whysper Wrap by Noowul Designs but am stuck on row 3! I am only counting 6 sc and I'm supposed to have 8. Where am I missing two singles? Thanks so much

CH1, SC in first dc, CH 3, SC in next dc, CH 3, in next dc make [SC, CH 3, SC], (CH3, SC in next dc) 2 times, turn. (8 sc)
    Is this something you could call Red Heart about?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sandrane.
    CH1,SC in first dc, CH 3, SC in next dc, CH 3, in next dc make [SC, CH 3, SC], (CH3, SC in next dc) 2 times, turn. (8sc)

You have 5 SC and when you crochet the brackets [SC,CH 3, SC], (CH3, SCin next dc) 2 times you now have 8sc

You have to crochet the instructions in the brackets to get to 8

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Sandrane.
    CH1,SC in first dc, CH 3, SC in next dc, CH 3, in next dc make [SC, CH 3, SC], (CH3, SC in next dc) 2 times, turn. (8sc)

You have 5 SC and when you crochet the brackets [SC,CH 3, SC], (CH3, SCin next dc) 2 times you now have 8sc

You have to crochet the instructions in the brackets to get to 8

Spoula
    I don't follow. There's 2 sc's, then 2 more sc's in the brackets and in the parentheses. That's 6 sc's.
    It looks like you said all the sc's (5 sc's) that's including the 2 in the brackets and 1 in the parentheses and then added the 2 sc's in the brackets and 1 sc in the parentheses but you follow what's in the parentheses twice and you don't repeat what's in the brackets.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-25-2020 at 02:02 PM.

6. Likes Lucie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You googled it what did you come up with?

I may have read the instruction incorrectly I made the assumption that the bracket and the
    parentheses would be completed twice.

Maybe she is using an untested pattern. Sometimes the designer will say if it has been tested
    or not.

Last edited by spoula; 01-25-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, I didn't understand what you have written. I think you got confused because I wrote brackets and did not specify the parentheses.
    Sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Jean Marie, I didn't understand what you have written. I think you got confused because I wrote brackets and did not specify the parentheses.
    Sorry
    No Spoula. The first 2 sc's and the 2 sc's in the brackets and the sc that's repeated in the parentheses (total 2 sc's in the parentheses because of the () 2 times) is 6 sc's total.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I don't follow. There's 2 sc's, then 2 more sc's in the brackets and in the parentheses. That's 6 sc's.
    It looks like you said all the sc's (5 sc's) that's including the 2 in the brackets and 1 in the parentheses and then added the 2 sc's in the brackets and 1 sc in the parentheses but you follow what's in the parentheses twice and you don't repeat what's in the brackets.
    when I said 'you follow' on the 2nd line above I meant the word 'you' in general meaning whoever is following the pattern; and on the 2nd line above it says 'you don't repeat what's in the brackets' -I wasn't saying you spoula; I was saying the person who follows the pattern doesn't repeat what's in the brackets - by what I understood the pattern to read.

Post Thanks / Like
    I get 8 scs. Here’s how I read it - ch1,sc in first dc,ch 3,sc in next dc,make sc,ch3,sc,ch3,sc in next dc. Sc ch3,sc,ch3,sc in next dc. You should have 8 scs.

12. Thanks spoula thanked for this post