Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Almost Done

Post Thanks / Like

Almost Done

I ordered a hook with cable online to do the brim and expect it to come tomorrow. I think I want to purchase a couple of those fuzzy pom poms for the hats.

Almost Done-20200124_172723-jpg

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good Lucie - did a real good job

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Licie, Your hat turned out lovely. You could close your hat by using a tapestry needle with a long
    strand of yarn save you some money.

Spoula

5. Thanks Lucie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula, I do have the needle and will be closing the hole in both hats and making a pom pom both hats.

7. Likes spoula, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Thanks Spoula, I do have the needle and will be closing the hole in both hats and making a pom pom both hats.
    Hi Lucie, I think it will be much easier with the needle and yarn then trying to do it with a hook. When you are at the end just pull your yarn through and keep enough to weave in and to attach your pom pom.

It turned out better than you though I bet. The next one will be easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    One is better than none! I ruined the white hat on the right...decided to try the border with my long Tunisian hook and stretched it out trying to go all the way around and keep yarn on hook. Trying to get the hook and cable out when I finally did get around required a lot more of me pulling and stretching . When I was done the hat could have fit a foot long head. My actual problem was the yarn. It is only about 3-4 strands and I find it really hard to work with. Wouldn't you know I have a ball of it the size of a basketball. The hat is now in hat heaven.

10. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie, I find it difficult to close small holes with a crochet hook and workinng with baby things I try to use my tapestre needle for closing small areas. That is why I mentioned to you to try this and not your hook. I am sorry you put your white hat in hat heaven try to pull out the yarn and redo it so your time and effort is not lost.

Good luck,
    Spoula

12. Thanks Lucie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Lucie, I find it difficult to close small holes with a crochet hook and workinng with baby things I try to use my tapestre needle for closing small areas. That is why I mentioned to you to try this and not your hook. I am sorry you put your white hat in hat heaven try to pull out the yarn and redo it so your time and effort is not lost.

Good luck,
    Spoula
    Oooops, I thought you meant the hole in the top of the hat . I am doing it again with different yarn and I will take your advice...

14. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie, I was talking about your hat at the top. I saw this method on the Internet with knit hats. It looked easy to do to close the crown area.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Lucie, I was talking about your hat at the top. I saw this method on the Internet with knit hats. It looked easy to do to close the crown area.

Spoula
    Yes Spoula, I do close the hat at the top with tapestry needle. I messed up the bottom of the white hat when trying to fit all the loops on my long Tunisian crochet hook. I thought I would try this hook on the white hat as the lady doing the tutorial that you should be able to continue using that. did the border on the pink hat using the Tunisian Flexible Afghan hook and I was curious to see which worked better for me. In this case I should have stuck with the flexible hook.