Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

My idea for a sweater

Hi, I decided to crochet a couple rows of the herringbone double crochet and then the dc the reg way for a couple rows and the herringbone dc and then the reg way (trying the 2 rows at the same time) and repeating that

I want to make this into the sweater. I have it long enough so it fits around my waist so when I get it up to my chest I'll increase the stitches on both sides and then when I get up to the arms I might have to look at a pattern.

Do you think this will work?

https://crochettalk.com/links-and-re...+the+same+time

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure it will with you working on it but I am waiting on a Tunisian crochet hook with cable. I am working on this hat and that's was used in the tutorial. I was about to give up on ever getting it finished; you and Spoula pulled me through it. Spoula said this is a simple pattern; it only took me a month to get this far. I would hate to think about crocheting two rows at once

My idea for a sweater-hat-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    Your hat looks very nice. I think Spoula helped you more than I did but thank you.

Before starting crocheting I was untangling the yarn and in one place in order to untangle the yarn I had to(or so I thought) cut a strand of yarn and I went ahead and crocheted with it anyway. Well, I got passed that cut yarn and looked back and saw where I had cut the yarn and tied the 2 pieces of yarn together (although I don't like knots in my work) and cut the yarn close to the knot or did I cut it too short? Anyways I know it will hold even if it pulls out and there's 1 less strand of yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lucie, You did a very nice job making this hat.
    I think once you started over on your practice piece it all came together for you on the decreases and increases that was the only difficult part of the pattern. As it was not so clear in the video.

I only said it was a simple pattern because it only had 2 different kinds of stitches.

I am happy I was able to help you a little.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 01-20-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello Lucie, You did a very nice job making this hat.
    I think once you started over on your practice piece it all came together for you on the decreases and increases that was the only difficult part of the pattern. As it was not so clear in the video.

I only said it was a simple pattern because it only had 2 different kinds of stitches.

I am happy I was able to help you a little.
    Spoula
    Actually, it is a simple pattern, NOW that you have made it simple. In my eyes, anytime I am learning there is no such thing as simple. I am always surprised that anyone even bothers to get back to me (lol). I almost had a heart attack yesterday because my computer shut down and for the love of money I could not get it to come back on. I called my brother because when I get into trouble he gets me through it online. This time he was not able to get me up and running and it would be a couple of days before he could come to the house to check it out. Strange thing...when I got up this morning first thing I did was sit at the computer to check my email. I forgot it wouldn't start up last night so I clicked the power button and up she popped.

6. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    I started my sweater idea but don't think it will work. I did however learn the herringbone dc and how to crochet 2 rows at the same time (it's just 5 loops on the hook and pulling through 2 loops 4 times)
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-22-2020 at 05:25 PM.

8. Likes Lucie liked this post