Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

What would you do?

I am learning Tunisian crochet and the beginning half of my project looks wobbly; should I rip it out and start over? I think when I learn how to bind, it might hide the jagged edges. While I am here I HAVE to vent! I just spent two hours re-doing the last several rows because I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. The Tunisian purl stitch and simple stitch are worked from front for the purl stitch and from the back working the simple stitch. I forgot and was working everything from the front.

What would you do?-20200114_150452-jpg

2. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    It's up to you if you want to rip it out or not but I wouldn't rip it out. Is this just practice? or is this for yourself or someone else? Base it on those questions whether you rip it out or not.

4. Thanks Lucie thanked for this post
    Likes MeToo! liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Lucie,
    It's up to you if you want to rip it out or not but I wouldn't rip it out. Is this just practice? or is this for yourself or someone else? Base it on those questions whether you rip it out or not.
    I decided to rip it out; I needed the practice. I am starting over with the pink and it too is only for practice. I really want to do it in white but my white yarn is a little harder to work with. I am going to be great-grandmother for #10 so I have plenty of time. When I finish this in pink I will donate it to charity. Thanks to you and Spoula for all your help; I forget to hit the thanks/like button.

6. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome Lucie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie, Is this the hat you are writing the pattern instructions for on your blog? If so I would start over as you want it to be creditable as people that read your blog will want to try your pattern. Also if you take the time to make something you want it to look nice. Practice makes perfect so the saying goes.
    Spoula

9. Thanks Lucie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Lucie, Is this the hat you are writing the pattern instructions for on your blog? If so I would start over as you want it to be creditable as people that read your blog will want to try your pattern. Also if you take the time to make something you want it to look nice. Practice makes perfect so the saying goes.
    Spoula
    Thanks Spoula, I still am not sure if I understand where to insert my hook when doing the decreases. The video shows two rows of the Tunisian purl stitch and says to repeat, the Tunisian simple shows the first row and says to repeat. The part I don't understand is where in the rows following the purl stitch...in the first row she inserts the needle thru bars 1 and 2, the second row between 2 and 3. When I repeat do I insert the hook between 3 and 4 and then yarn over and pull thru 2 loops. In the simple stitch she starts by inserting the hook behind the second bar and thru the first bar and pulls thru both loops and to repeat. Do I start the second row by inserting the hook behind bar 3, yarn over and pull thru 2 loops...and for row 3 insert hook behind bar 4 and pull thru two loops?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie, On the question for the decrease purl stitch.
    How many decreases are you supposed to do on that row?
    Is the video showing more than1?
    To do a decrease (make it easy) is to put you hook through both loops with yarn in front then yarn over and pull through both loops on the hook.
    If the video did not show you to go through bars 3 and 4 then she is only doing 1 decreases at the first of every row.
    Can you send me the link to the video you are watching? I might be able to help better if I see what you are trying to make.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 01-18-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lucie, I think I have responded to all your questions via Private messages and you are well on your way now.
    I look forward to seeing your little hat.

I am glad that I was able to help you.

Now I have to figure out how to get my little sleeve to fit in the knitted top I just finished.
    Spoula

13. Thanks Lucie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    "What would you do?"

Yeah, i've never done Tunisian yet, so personally, i'd whip up and frog swatches until i felt more comfortable with the feel of it. Like all our other posters said! Good Luck in your Tunisian adventure!

15. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblyambly View Post
    "What would you do?"

Yeah, i've never done Tunisian yet, so personally, i'd whip up and frog swatches until i felt more comfortable with the feel of it. Like all our other posters said! Good Luck in your Tunisian adventure!
    Spoula and Jean Marie have been walking me through this and I think I am finally getting the hang of it. I typed the pattern out in Word as there were no written instructions. I posted it to my blog but have to edit it, needs much more abbreviations and re-write instructions in some instances: What would you do?-20200118_123909_burst01-jpg

17. Likes ramblyambly liked this post