Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Where to insert hook update...

Oooops. I started over and now have proper starting point.
    Instructions are: Where to insert hook-001-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Where to insert hook-blanket-jpg Where to insert hook-20200106_125913-jpg Where to insert hook-001-jpg 
    Last edited by Lucie; 01-06-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucy, Haven't seen you on the forum for awhile. After you complete row 1 you would chain 2 and turn your work then you would insert you hook in the first stitch in this case it looks like it would be the blue arrow. You didn't say in your question what you are making so I am guessing you are crocheting rows and each row you will turn your work.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula, I have been doing a lot of painting around the house (all the base moldings both upstairs and downstairs, sewing balls and cloth books for all the new great grand kids.) I had already forgotten all my crochet terms but thanks to Google it was easier this time around. I am crocheting the Red Heart Lace Baby Blanket. Now I have to do a little poking around to see what you guys have been up to. I did turn my work after chain 2, but then I noticed they pointed it out in the 3rd row and not the 2nd row. I have a way of making mountains out of molehills (lol)

Lucie

4. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie, It is good to hear from you. You have been really busy. Bending to paint baseboards is hard to do and back breaking work not to mention going up and down the stairs. How many great grand children do you have? What a blessing to live long enough to see your family grow.

I have been crocheting for my little granddaughter mostly. I just finished some hats in crochet (she loves wearing hats) and I did a little knit swatch for a ballet top to see if I could make it to fit her. I haven't started on the real one yet. I started on a little crochet Heart top first but do not have enough yarn to finish it so I have to go get some more yarn.

So you are good to go you don't need any help on your Blanket? (I just read the post you did with the instructions)

I look forward to seeing you little lace baby blanket when you complete it.

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 01-07-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula, I have nine great grand-kids and just found out this week #ten is in the basket. I am not sure I won't have to pick out a different blanket pattern; the one I just started if for intermediate crocheters and I already don't understand the instructions, although I have eight months to figure it out: Where to insert hook-blanket-jpg

Do you have pictures posted on your work? I crocheted five hats in the last week, trying to brush up on my tension and remembering what I have learned in the past. I will be donating them, they are such bright colors I don't know if anyone would wear them. If they did I would know they were wearing one of mine (lol)! This if one of them that I just finished for the latest grand-girl:

Where to insert hook-2020-january-6_my-beanie-rylee-jpg

Where to insert hook-2020-january-5_my-crochet-beanies-jpg.
    Last edited by Lucie; 01-07-2020 at 11:26 AM.

7. Likes spoula, ramblyambly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    I like your hats they are super cute and look warm. The pink and white hat looks like one I did in black and pink it has stripes on the side but the crown was in a spiral design at the end I added shells to cover the ears. I post all my crochet items under pictures on this forum. The most recent were posted last week sometime. The Blue sweater, the purple vest and hat. You can see all my crochet and knit items under pictures on this forum. I think you can search my name Spoula and find them all.
    Last edited by spoula; 01-07-2020 at 02:18 PM.

9. Likes Lucie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice hats Lucie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Going to check out pictures now!

12. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    What is your question on the blanket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Oooops. I started over and now have proper starting point.
    Instructions are: Where to insert hook-001-jpg
    Hi Lucie,
    The blanket pattern is telling you to turn after Row 1 and then when you start Row 2 they're asking you to ch 2 and then sc in the first ch. On Row 2 ,what you have underlined in blue, there's a sc in the last st. At the end of Row 2 you will have 30 groups of the (sc, ch 2, sc) and 2 sc's - the st you skip and the sc in the last st