Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

crocheting top to bottom instead of from side to side?

Hi, someone on here said that someone was crocheting a blanket and was going to frog it cause it was too big but she suggested that they crochet from top to bottom instead of from side to side so she didn't have to take it out. What did you mean? As far as I know I crochet one row and turn and crochet the next row. That's crocheting side to side right? So how does one crochet from top to bottom instead of from side to side?

Example: If I crochet a dress and start at the top of the dress I'm still turning my crochet work after each row so wouldn't that be crocheting side to side and not top to bottom even though you're starting at the top of the dress?

What would it mean to crochet a blanket from top to bottom instead of from side to side?
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-07-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking they were describing a c2c pattern.. c2c is side to side and you are going diagonal. the crazy stitch is like the c2c but you are going horizontal - side to side... bottom up.. yes, you turn your work after ever row.. so not sure if that is what they are describing... (IMO) ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,

I do believe they are referring to length vs width. Crocheting top to bottom...you crochet enough chains for the width of your project and work back and forth until you have the length you want. Crocheting side to side...you crochet enough chains for the length of your project and work back and forth until you have the width you want.

I hope this helps.

Jo Ann

4. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, Horizonal vs vertical. I thought the same thing if you measure your bed you can chain enough to see if it is going to fit before you have to pull it all out.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know who the person was who said this but I was just wondering what she meant. Whoever it was said someone was crocheting a blanket and said it was too big so she was going to take it out and start over but she was told that she didn't have to take it out- instead she could crochet from top to bottom.