Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a snapshot of with what my progress looks like. In the image beneath that what it looks like thus far in the tutorial. I am having a horrible time in finding(
    red
    )the chain and the border slot. I don't know how I posted two pictures of the hat--or how to delete it
    Where to insert hook

Hello Lucie, It has been awhile but I think you are increasing on one side and decreasing on the other. I don't have a copy of this pattern so I can't tell you where to put you hook. I do remember that you had this issue before and used red,, green and blue arrows and Jean Marie and I walked you through it. Maybe she remembers more that me. If not look back at your post on this forum and you will have a log on where to put your hook.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 01-11-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula, on am increasing on the left and decreasing on the right. The bottom image is taken from the tutorial. There isn't a written pattern to go with the video so I have typed out the pattern. As I find mistakes in my instructions I update pattern in red. I posted the pattern on my blog; I don't know if I can share it here, but it is a free tutorial. I am not sure it is okay to share my written pattern on the site. I started over in a little bulkier yarn, hoping I will be able to spot the correct spot to insert my hook as shown in the video:
    Where to insert hook-20200111_133136-jpg
    Last edited by Lucie; 01-11-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie, That pink is going to be so pretty. Looks like you are doing fine now. Since you have already made this hat one time it will all comb back to you.

I am knitting that ballet top and read one of the instructions incorrectly. It took me 3 hours to get back to where I messed up and correct my mistake. I am stopping for a nice cup of coffee and then I will pick it up again. I finished the back just need to do the front and sleeves.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 01-12-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Lucie, That pink is going to so pretty. Looks like you are doing fine now. Since you have already made this hat one time it will all comb bac to you.

I am knitting that ballet top and read one of the instructions incorrectly. It took me 3 hours to get back to where I messed up and correct my mistake. I am stopping for a nice cup of coffee and then I will pick it up again. I finished the back just need to do the front and sleeves.
    Spoula
    Hey Spoula, After looking at your work I have added to my To Do list--learn how to knit! I never did get further than this point when I tried this hat previously. I finally am able to find out where the chain at the end of the row is. But wait; there's more:

Where to insert hook-crochet-snapshots_edited-jpg

Is she doing something between rows that doesn't show in the video?

There was not a written pattern to go with her tutorial so I typed them out best I could. It's on my blog I Wear A Red Hat

OMG, I was going through the remarks below the tutorial and I think I have found the answer:

Al Sh
    1 month ago
    Marysta Moore There should be quite a bit of difference in how the two types of stitches look, check out 14:56 through 15:09 to see the difference in the stripes. Make sure to be looking at the right side of your work, as the two types of stitches on wrong side do look very similar. Hope that helps.

Al Sh
    1 month ago
    Marysta Moore ohh, gotcha (I think, lol), with the 4 rows of purl stitch the working yarn is held IN FRONT of the hook, and with the simple (or regular) stitch the working yarn is held BEHIND the hook. Does that help?

I need to Google on how to hold the hook in the front versus working behind the work--I am sure this is what I have not been understanding.
    Last edited by Lucie; 01-12-2020 at 08:55 AM.

5. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie,
    I just read that you have to count each row when you do tunisian.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Lucie,
    I just read that you have to count each row when you do tunisian.
    I learned that , when working the Tunisian simple stitch, you don't pull the yarn in front of the hook before inserting needle through vertical bars. You just insert the hook under the bars and then yarn over. I edited this post because I have figured out how to work the Tunisian simple stitch decrease. Wouldn't you know, I think I spotted a mistake in one of my stitches. Debating whether to pull out three rows to fix it. Oh well, I have done it over so many times I now easily recognize the ending stitch, chain, and increase at the end of the row. More to come!

Where to insert hook-20200112_184913-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Where to insert hook-20200112_184913-jpg 
    Last edited by Lucie; 01-12-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a pretty color Lucie!