Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, don't laugh...why is it my blanket is beginning to look more like a beanie????Attachment 27883. Also not sure about where to insert hook in last stitch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucie, I have 3 messages from you but for some reason they are on different post so it is difficult for me to determine if you are still having a problem or if you received the corrections I posted for you. In case this post has already been answered let me know as I don't know if you are good to go or are still having a problem. I have explained below hope it is not too much information. If you are still having a problem please post on a new post so your question is not hidden in other post.

Yes, you skip one stitch between the stitches in the brackets.
    At the end of row 2 you will have 2 stitches left skip one and sc in the last stitch.
    Row 3 is the same as row 2 it is your repeat pattern for your blanket.
    Row 3: you start by chaining 2 sc, turn your work. Then you work the stitches in the brackets (sc, ch2, sc) all in the same stitch, skip one stitch then work (sc, ch2, sc) skip one stitch to across the row until you have 2 stitches left at the end of the row you will skip 1 stitch and sc in the last stitch.

You wrote: The what is meant by the next line
    30 (sc, ch 2, sc) groups, 2 sc
    This means you started this row with 63 stitches you will do (sc,ch2,sc) 30 times you will have 32 skipped stitches (at this point you have 62 stitches completed) this includes the 32 between the brackets and the 1 stitch before the last stitch in the row that leaves the last stitch where you will do a sc.

63 stitches total when you start the row
    -30 (sc,ch2,sc) these stitches are done 30 times across the row
    -32 skipped stitches) these are the skipped stitches between the stitches in the brackets
    -1 sc in the last stitch
    -------------------------
    -
    63 stitches completed

I hope this helps let me know.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucie, I cannot see the attachment it gives me a notice to contact the admin.

Please try again to send me the picture.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucie, I was trying to make your "V" stitch which is the stitches in the brackets (sc,ch2,sc) the slants \ are the sc, _ this is supposed to be the chain 2 space only it should be on top but I don't have a key on my computer to make one and the last slant / is the other sc . (sc,ch2,sc) (\_/) would be (sc,ch2,sc) the V stitch

\= sc _= ch 2 space,
    /=sc (sc,ch2, sc)
    : I am not sure what the /=sc (sc,ch2,sc) means.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh golly, I will have to figure out how not to post in the wrong place. I think I must be clicking on Reply to the wrong post. I will get back to you later today as I am back to trying out my Tunisian Crochet Hat for Kids pattern!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Lucie, I cannot see the attachment it gives me a notice to contact the admin.

Please try again to send me the picture.

Spoula
    I worked half a day on the Tunisian Crochet Hat for Kids video. I still cannot figure out the two spots to insert my hook after the second-to-last stitch. I am going to try a little heavier yarn so I can see better. Here is the image of the beginning of my Lacy Baby Blanket. I am going to tear it out and start again. Where to insert hook-20200108_211425-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked half a day on the Tunisian Crochet Hat for Kids video. I still cannot figure out the two spots to insert my hook after the second-to-last stitch. I am going to try a little heavier yarn so I can see better. Here is the image of the beginning of my Lacy Baby Blanket. I am going to tear it out and start again.

Lucie, Are you asking the question about the blanket or the hat of where to put the second to last stitch ?

I have already written to you on how you should create your blanket based on the first pattern you sent. Look back at those post if you are going to start your blanket over and you should be on the right track.

Looking at the picture of your blanket the only way a blanket can turn like that is because you crocheted to tight on your foundation row and you forgot to skip a stitch between the brackets.
    Let me know if you need more help.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=spoula;220345][LEFT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]I worked half a day on the Tunisian Crochet Hat for Kids video. I still cannot figure out the two spots to insert my hook after the second-to-last stitch. I am going to try a little heavier yarn so I can see better. Here is the image of the beginning of my Lacy Baby Blanket. I am going to tear it out and start again.

Lucie, Are you asking the question about the blanket or the hat of where to put the second to last stitch ?

I have already written to you on how you should create your blanket based on the first pattern you sent. Look back at those post if you are going to start your blanket over and you should be on the right track.

Looking at the picture of your blanket the only way a blanket can turn like that is because you crocheted to tight on your foundation row and you forgot to skip a stitch between the brackets.
    Let me know if you need more help.

Spoula, The hat, I put the blanket down a bit until I had time to read your instructions. Sorry for the confusion. On the blanket picture, I did skip the stitches between the brackets so I must be crocheting way way too tight. I am going to start over when I get back to the blanket. I will post my progress on that in a new thread.

I was going to start over today on my hat, but instead tore out just the last row today. I am not sure it is 100 percent right, but it looks pretty good so I am going on to the Tunisian simple stitch rows today. Then I have to repeat the two rows seven more times. I am not sure how it will go, but nothing ventured--nothing gained. Below is an image of my progress on the hat:Where to insert hook-20200110_114148-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lucie, I remember when you started to make this hat before, Jean Marie and I both helped you. It must be the one you posted on your blog it looks good.

On the picture of your hat so far the angles look ok but I remember they were tricky one side pointed up the other pointed down. So on the picture the left side should be pointing down since the right side is pointing up or vise versa. The left side in the picture looks a little off.
    Good luck,
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 01-10-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello Lucie, I remember when you started to make this hat before, Jean Marie and I both helped you. It must be the one you posted on your blog it looks good.

On the picture of your hat so far the angles look ok but I remember they were tricky one side pointed up the other pointed down. So on the picture the left side should be pointing down since the right side is pointing up or vise versa. The left side in the picture looks a little off.
    Good luck,
    Spoula
    Here's a snapshot of with what my progress looks like. In the image beneath that what it looks like thus far in the tutorial. I am having a horrible time in finding(red)the chain and the border slot. I don't know how I posted two pictures of the hat--or how to delete it
    Attached Images Attached Images Where to insert hook-crochet-snapshots-jpg Where to insert hook-tunisian-crochet-hat-kids-jpg Where to insert hook-tunisian-crochet-hat-kids-jpg 
    Last edited by Lucie; 01-10-2020 at 06:37 PM.