Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Where it is highlighted in Red on the image and underlined in blue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Lucie,
    The blanket pattern is telling you to turn after Row 1 and then when you start Row 2 they're asking you to ch 2 and then sc in the first ch. On Row 2 ,what you have underlined in blue, there's a sc in the last st. At the end of Row 2 you will have 30 groups of the (sc, ch 2, sc) and 2 sc's - the st you skip and the sc in the last st
    Starting over, I did not sc in the first ch--I thought it meant the first stitch. I turned at end of Row1. I know I am not understanding Row 2 (where I underlined)-- Ch2, sc in first ch, skip next st. and( sc, ch2, sc) in each of next 30 sts, skip next st, sc in last st - 30 (sc, ch2, sc) groups, 2sc.
    Last edited by Lucie; 01-07-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lucie, You are correct in the first stitch it is not a chain. In your pattern notes does it say if the ch2 counts as a stitch?
    You will sc in the first stitch then skip one stitch then you will start a repeat pattern across the row this is a skip one stitch then do the stitches in the brackets all in the same stitch (sc,ch2,sc) this is making a "V" STITCH. \_/
    Row 3: You will sc in the first stitch then in the first chain 2 space from the previous row where you did (sc ch2,sc) you will do (sc,ch2,sc) in that ch2 space.
    You will have something like this as you continue your rows. This is your pattern design for the blanket.

\= sc _= ch 2 space, /=sc (sc,ch2,sc)

\_/ \_/ \_/
    \_/ \_/ \_/
    \_/ \_/ \_/

Hope this helps,
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 01-08-2020 at 07:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
    Oooops. I started over and now have proper starting point.
    Instructions are: Attachment 27860
    Hi,
    Sorry Lucie! You are right! On Row 2 you sc in the first st not the chain.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am starting over with the blanket tonight, thanks for the update. I spent much of the day watching a video and writing a pattern to go along with it (so I don't have to sit at the computer to crochet). I posted it on my blog.I Wear A Red Hat: My Tunisian Crochet Beanie for KidsWhere to insert hook-tunisian-crochet-hat-kids-jpg
    Last edited by Lucie; 01-08-2020 at 01:17 PM.

6. Likes ramblyambly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula and Jean Marie. I am starting over with the blanket tonight, thanks for the update. You will probably be hearing from me I spent much of the day watching a video and writing a pattern to go along with it (so I don't have to sit at the computer to crochet). I posted it on my blog.I Wear A Red Hat: My Tunisian Crochet Beanie for Kids

8. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I spent much of the day watching a video and writing a pattern to go along with it (so I don't have to sit at the computer to crochet).

Good thing, too. I don't understand how the authors of those crochet videos expect us to crochet and work the mouse at the same time! Indeed, I don't even trouble myself to write the pattern down as you have done. I'll simply find some other pattern. You certainly are motivated.

10. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember this hat are you making more of these?

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I put it aside as I was frustrated I couldn't understand the instructions. I went through the video several times in putting the instructions on paper. That really helped and I am ready to give it another try.. In the meantime I found the Lacy Baby Blanket pattern--as if the hat wasn't hard enough.

Lucie

13. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post
    Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, Spoula, thanks, your instructions helped--I wasn't skipping stitches between brackets.

At the end of ROW2 after the last (sc, ch 2, sc) do I skip the next stitch and sc in the next stitch?

ROW3:
    Ch 2, turn, sc in the first st (sc, ch 2, sc) in the first ch-2 space. Do this 30 times and then sc in the last stitch? The what is meant by the next line 30 (sc, ch 2, sc) groups, 2 sc?

\= sc _= ch 2 space, /=sc (sc,ch2, sc): I am not sure what the /=sc (sc,ch2,sc) means.

15. Likes spoula liked this post