Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a crochet pattern

I have a friend who's dad crocheted this tablecloth. I am trying to find the written pattern for this. Does anyone know what this pattern is or where I can get a written pattern? It is the white tablecloth under the bands.Looking for a crochet pattern-julies-table-cloth-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    CraftyRaven69, Do you know what year you friend's father might have made this tablecloth? You could search the Internet for vintage tablecloth/bedspreads to see if you could duplicate it. Or search for older crochet books on line for sale and the libraries also carry crochet books but they are more recent patterns. The Internet has some really old crochet paper books and magazines by the year they were produced. I would try some of these avenues. It looks like he made motif's and then joined them but I really can't see the design that well in the picture to see the middle of the tablecloth. Might it be a bedspread too. I found a motif on the Internet called the Spider Lace Motif that looks like the 4 squares in your picture.

I am sorry I cannot be more helpful and I wish you good luck in finding your friends pattern. There are many others on this forum that might be able to direct you to the right place.

Good luck,
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 01-04-2020 at 12:53 PM.

3. Thanks craftyRaven69, Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did he have a pattern for the tablecloth? or maybe it was from 2 different patterns.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-04-2020 at 06:43 PM.

5. Thanks craftyRaven69, Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if he had a pattern of if he combined patterns. I am just trying to help her out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the suggestion. I have been searching and also found the Spider lace motif, as well as several others. I have been copying different pictures with parts of the design to try to find the right pattern or to see if he joined several patterns together. Not sure about the year he did this.

8. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello CaftyRaven69, I think you are on the right track. I think he might have joined several patterns together.

I looked at so many tablecloths and bedspreads on the Internet in order to help you. I found several patterns that he could have combined to make that tablecloth. I believe that the spider motif he put 4 together to form a 4X4 square. Then he made the triangles that would join the squares and last he crocheted them together with those long stitches down the center. It could have been a kit I don't know. If your friend doesn't know the year he made it could she tell you about how long he has had it?

There are many crochet paper books that he may have gotten in the mail. I use to receive them a long time ago. I have moved several times and I don't have them any longer I wish I did.
    There are many folks on this forum that live in other countries too so maybe they can also help you find your item.

When I am on the Internet If I run across it I will send you the link.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 01-10-2020 at 03:29 PM.

10. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I found this one
    Looking for a crochet pattern-spi-jpg I think you can use it to combine the patterns. I will try to find another one
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

12. Thanks Nova55, Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello CraftyRaven69.
    I ran across this bedspread that looks a little like the pattern you are trying to find for your friend. This picture is a bedspread I found it on Pinterest. The squares are not the spider stitch in your photo but from what I can see of your picture it looks similar. You may have already found the pattern if not you can look at this for her.

Spoula

Looking for a crochet pattern-bedspread-jpg

14. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Similar pattern

To me this looks like a large square that has 4 diamond shapes in the center sort of like a granny square that you make several of and then join together.
    I found a similar pattern that has 9 of the squares together instead of 4. I am thinking you might be able to figure out by using this pattern and possibly skipping the section that makes the other 8 "diamond" shapes.

THE OTHERS

16. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Ravelry has put old Workbasket patterns on their website. Would not hurt to look there to try to find the pattern.

18. Thanks spoula, Barbara G. thanked for this post