Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: crocheting

Post Thanks / Like

crocheting

does anyone know how to crochet stem and leaves on a pipe cleaners. i never use them before. help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Maybe this will help you out:

How to Crochet a Stem | eHow.com

Post Thanks / Like
    mash52, welcome and I read that example and if it doesn't fit your needs just give us a question. I thought it was very good but it might not suit your needs. We always try to find just what a peerson asks for so give us more details and we will try

Post Thanks / Like
    well i am using pipe cleaners as stems on crochet flowers. i need to know how to crochet on the pipe cleaner. to keep stem and leaves on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would crochet the flowers and leaves first and then poke the tip of the pipe cleaner through in a suitable place, leaving enough of the tip so that you can fold it back down against itself and twist it together. Same for the leaves. Do you have a picture of a finished one from a pattern of something that we could see? Thant might help us figure out exactly what you are trying to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, Theresa L. maybe that will help. no, i don't have photo. i just want the pipe cleaner to hold up stems and leaves. i will try what you suggested.

Post Thanks / Like
    The link I posted uses a pipe cleaner further down in the steps on how to crochet the stem. I did not find one with pipecleaners on crocheting flowers. I will have to do more searching. I thought I would post what I could find - sometimes it is useful, sometimes not so useful. Maybe someone will benefit from the info?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mash52 View Post
    well i am using pipe cleaners as stems on crochet flowers. i need to know how to crochet on the pipe cleaner. to keep stem and leaves on it.
    So, you are using pipe cleaners as the stem and leaves. And, you need to know how to attach the pipe cleaner to the flower so it will stay? I maybe read your first post wrong. Let us know, please and we will do our best to help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi Barbara G. i want to hook the pipe cleaners on the stems and leaves that i crochet. i hope this help you know what i am saying. Mash52

Post Thanks / Like
    When I crochet bouquets, I use florists' wire and floral tape for the stems. I did find this link that might suit your needs: Cheri Quite Contrary: Stems and Leaves Crochet
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif