Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Amigurumi pattern help

Hi. I’m fairly new to crochet and am working on a kit to make a Llama. I have been crocheting in the round and my last row was 18sc. My next instruction has thrown me completely though. Row 32: crochet 13ch (1 inc, 12sc, 18sc, 11sc, 1inc). I can’t picture this at all. I can’t seem to post a photo either!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Esmecat1,
    Are there any more instructions maybe at the top or bottom of pattern? Does it say how many stitches you end up with after row 32?
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-24-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya
    No real instructions as such.
    R20-31 : 18sc (I have done this)
    R32 : crochet 13ch (1inc, 12sc, 18sc, 11sc, 1inc),
    R33 : 2inc, 42sc, 1inc (48sts)

This would indicate row 32 ends up with 45 stitches but no idea how to do this from the description above and the fact o only have 18 in row 31.
    I have made the head and neck and think this bit must be moving onto the body but again no real idea how.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I came up with
    R20-31 - 18 sc's is a circle; R32 - ch 13; turn and crochet 2 sc's in 1st ch from hook(1 inc); 12 sc's in the next 12 chains which takes you back to the circle where you crochet 18 sc's. Then crocheting on the other side of the 13 chains that you chained in R32 crochet 11 sc and in the next st crochet 2 sc's which = 1 inc R33 - Then then continue on in the next stitch crocheting 4 sc's (2 increases which takes you back around to the other side) and then continue with the 42 sc's and then 2 sc's in the next st ( (4 sc's + 42 sc's + 2 sc's = 48 sc's)
    It looks like this is one of the legs of the Llama unless it's part of the body.
    After Rnd 33 I had 6 sts left.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-26-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that sounds complicated. This kit is for an 8 year old!!
    Thanks for the interpretation. I will give it a try and see how I get on and yes it’s the body. The legs are separate.
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know if you have any more questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean Marie, This problem baffles me. I used Esmecat1 Row: information for the 3 rows. If row 32 ends in 45 then row 33 would end with 48Sts. I did the math all kinds of ways and it didn't work for me. So I did a sample with what she wrote and could not get the correct number of stitches. Then I did it your way and came up with the 48 stitches but where the 13 ch's are made and connected back to the 18 sc it leaves a opened circle. Is that what it is supposed to do? I did not have 6 stitches at the end as you did. I used the 18 sc and then chained the 13 and worked back down the 13 chains to the 5 sc not worked in the 18 from the previous row. This worked out perfectly for me anyway.
    I think the number of stitches are wrong I have found that a lot in my patterns have had mistakes and I had to adjust them.
    There is a lady on this forum that makes these animals all the time and she has helped many folks so I wish she would respond if she has the time as I just don't get it. I know she can tell me what I missed.

You did a good job of figuring out this was a circle.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    There are dozens of amigurumi Llamas on ravelry, as follows:

Ravelry - a knit and crochet community

I'd head for something that doesn't take a roomful of geniuses to interpret.

9. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeToo! View Post
    There are dozens of amigurumi Llamas on ravelry, as follows:

Ravelry - a knit and crochet community

I'd head for something that doesn't take a roomful of geniuses to interpret.
    Hello MeToo,

I really don't want to make amigurumi's at all, toys are not my thing.

When I read the ladies questions and looked at the 3 rows she posted I just wanted to try it to see if I came up with the correct number of stitches so I could help her.

If this pattern was for an 8 year old then it may not have had clear instructions written.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 11-29-2019 at 05:35 AM. Reason: clearer understanding