Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Filet Crochet

Post Thanks / Like

Filet Crochet

I can't find any filet crochet that are not charts or graphs besides the teddy bear one that's written out and tells you what to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am interested in filet as well (just starting) and found some written out patterns on Lavender Chair.

You searched for filet - The Lavender Chair

They do have a teddy bear pattern - is that the one you were referring to? All of their filet patterns have written out instructions.
    Last edited by MeToo!; 11-24-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply.

The teddy bear filet crochet that I have is Crochet Patterns Only: Teddy Bear Square
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-23-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww, that is a cute little bear, isn't it. I have a mind to attack that one myself, to see what I can do.
    The one on Lavender Chair is quite a bit larger.

Filet Teddy Bear Blanket - The Lavender Chair

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a great resource for a variety of filet crochet patterns. I checked several of them and they all had written line by line instructions.

Call the Midwife Baby Blanket is my favorite as it works up really fast.

Also, for that moment when you find the perfect pattern that is charted only and you want to make it, here's a website for using a graph for filet crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Momto8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

The teddy bear filet crochet that I have is Crochet Patterns Only: Teddy Bear Square

This is a easy filet square that's crocheted w/baby yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet Patterns Only: Teddy Bear Square

Rows 10 and 11 are the same and it's very easy to go from row 10 to row 12 and skip row 11. If you skip row 11 by mistake the arms of the teddy bear will be skinnier.

I have done this and finished the square and weaved in the ends and later discovered that I had skipped row 11. I also already had the bow on the square (the bow goes on row 12) I had found the yarn end that had been weaved in so I took out some rows so I could crochet row 11 and on row 12 I put the bow in the crochet stitch and finished the row and finished the square and I found a loop from the beginning of the square that I didn't know how it got there and couldn't find the yarn end and cut the yarn (the yarn didn't come out) and weaved in the yarn. I did this (skipped row 11 by mistake) on another square too but I had caught it before I weaved in the yarn ends.

So far I have 8 teddy bear squares done and I'm starting on my 9th one.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-23-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you going to do with the squares when you have them completed as I'd love to see your finished project?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just making the squares. I'm not putting them together. I'd like to try a filet crochet square of a duck or rabbit but I haven't found one with the pattern written out. I have done a filet knitting of a scarf with ducks on it.