Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Short, thin sock pattern

I am looking for a pattern for short thin socks. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If it is a excellent pattern I am happy to pay for it. So many patterns on the web but difficult to know what I am getting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've tried quite a few sock patterns but never liked any of them and never bothered with making the second one.

There is something about a crocheted sock that no matter how thin the yarn, you still can't comfortably wear them in shoes like you can a knitted sock. Or at least that is my opinion. Good luck and I hope you can find something suitable.

3. Thanks NancyMcQuade thanked for this post
    Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is really interesting! I will look forward to other replies. Sadly I don’t knit and I suspect that socks aren’t the thing to learn on!

5. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Would anyone else out there be able to comment?

Post Thanks / Like
    MeToo! is right. Crochet is almost always bulkier than knitting, and if you're looking for a thin sock to crochet, I think you're looking for something that is non-existent. It might be possible to crochet a sock in a very lace-weight yarn, but then I'd worry about the durability (if you could even find a pattern).

8. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post
    Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are brave, use DMC embroidery floss or #10 or #30 threads to make them thin, but i know of no patterns that use those sizes, so one would have to adapt or come up with their own i'd imagine.

10. Likes spoula, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nancy, I know you posted you don't knit and someday you might want to try it. I found this link on the Internet and it said it was for beginners. Just thought you might like to see it and some day try knitting.

NOTE: Just looked at the video and it does not look like for beginners to me.

The first link is the pattern for short socks and it includes the video on how to make them. I just copied the video for you for a quick look. The socks might not be the pattern you are looking for but they are cute.

sheilatoystromberg.com/product/skimmer_socks_revisited/

https://youtu.be/oI-V6XsrSf8

Spoula

Last edited by spoula; 12-16-2019 at 08:25 AM. Reason: added note

12. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I did find a pattern and have completed the pair of socks. They turned out really well although the smallest size, which I did make, were still too large for my little feet! The person who designed the socks is Rohn Strong and the pattern is called Le Becque socks. I had a little trouble finding the complete pattern but by searching the web found it all. Here is a beginning link:
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...27644346213261

14. Likes Nova55, ramblyambly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nancy, So glad you found a pattern you like. To bad the pattern was too big for your little feet. I looked at the link and they are cute.

Spoula

16. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking forward to asking Rohn if he can tell me how to adjust the pattern for my feet. I suspect he will be able to do that.