Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

crocheting in the round

I just crocheted sc in the round and it helped to use a crochet hook with a cushion on it so it's not so hard on my hand. So a cushion on the handle might help you when you're crocheting sc in the round.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm crocheting hdc in the rnd. I ss at the end of the rnd and ch 2 and I'm crocheting the first stitch of the next rnd in the ch where I ss - is that right? then the first hdc is smaller than the rest of the hdc sts from the previous rnd. It should be just like dc in the rnd shouldn't it? When I dc in the rnd I ch 2 at the beginning of rnd and dc in the first st not the ch. When I hdc in the rnd it doesn't look right if I don't crochet the first hdc in the ss because it looks like I'm skipping a stitch.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-25-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, at least that is what I do. Otherwise, you end up with more of a spiral. I prefer to ch 1 rather than ch 2 after ss when doing hdc stitches then proceed with the hdc in the same stitch as ss. But the ch 1 or ch 2 would depend upon YOUR tension!

Post Thanks / Like
    The pattern says to ch 2 at the beginning of the rnd

I thought it was supposed to be a ch 2 for a hdc.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-26-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    The pattern says to ch 2 at the beginning of the rnd

I thought it was supposed to be a ch 2 for a hdc.
    Ch 1 is my preference, but if you like the look of ch 2 with hdc then stick with that. Like a recipe, I view parts of patterns as a mere suggestion and can be substituted/modified without messing up the pattern. That is one such substitution in my opinion that can go either way without fail.