Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  30
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie. I made the sweater larger so he will be able to wear it in the Fall and Winter. Maybe even next year too, if he doesn't grow too big for it by then.
    The teddy bear afghan is not made with squares. It is a filet pattern you work continuously from bottom to top. I used "I Love This Yarn" for it. It is soft.
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Spoula for your kind words. Yes, we have been blessed to be able to live to see these great grandchildren. Hope we can live long enough to see some of them get married! It would be wonderful to see who they grow up to be!

3. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the second afghan and also a toy I made.
    What's Everyone Working On?-giraffe-blanket-jpg
    What's Everyone Working On?-giraffe-front-jpg
    What's Everyone Working On?-giraffe-jpg

I don't know why the photos are upside-down and sideways. They aren't that way on my computer. Oh well....you can at least see them. My granddaughter loves giraffes, so I made these for her baby. Her baby shower was last Saturday and she loved all of the things I made.
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 06-23-2020 at 02:33 PM.

5. Likes spoula, MeToo!, ramblyambly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo,
    Good job. That stuffed giraffe must've taken a long time as I see it's taller than the computer. Where did you get the pattern for the filet giraffe? I've done some filet teddy bears and I followed a picture and used the teddy bear filet pattern to do a filet crochet of a duck. Filet crochet patterns are hard to find. Did you see the pictures of the illusion scarves I did?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dancingbaehr, Very cute and I love the other blankets you made also.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Jo,
    Good job. That stuffed giraffe must've taken a long time as I see it's taller than the computer. Where did you get the pattern for the filet giraffe? I've done some filet teddy bears and I followed a picture and used the teddy bear filet pattern to do a filet crochet of a duck. Filet crochet patterns are hard to find. Did you see the pictures of the illusion scarves I did?
    Thank you, Jean Marie! The giraffe is about 14 inches tall. It was fun to make and didn't take very long at all. I found the filet giraffe afghan pattern on Pinterest. But, it was just the opposite of what I made. The background was solid and the giraffe was open work. I just re-mapped the pattern to be the way you see it. I did a bit of frogging, where I messed up, but finally got it right!
    I have made the filet duck afghan before and it turned out great. The pattern is on Pinterest. No, I haven't seen your scarves yet, but will look for them now.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello Dancingbaehr, Very cute and I love the other blankets you made also.

Spoula
    Thank you Spoula! It was fun making all of those baby things. My granddaughter loved them!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s Christmas crocheting time for me! Have an afghan started,amigurumi snowman ready for beads and buttons then assembled and starting first of 15 ornaments. Found an adorable giraffe amigurumi pattern which goes on the make for Christmas list. Just completed baby blanket for niece’s little boy due later this month.

11. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Imalefty, You are so busy I hope you get all that done by Christmas.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I am making a Mile-A-Minute Afghan for someone. I found these pins that quilters use to hold the fabrics together when sewing. These are easier to crochet the sides when I put the panels together. Interesting how after so many years of doing things, that one finds something to make it a little easier!