Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello JustDeb, I reread my post to you and it sounds like the 3rd degree interogation. Sorry I just saw the pretty squares and was wondering how long that would take to make a blanket. Working in a square is doable but I don't like to do mofits that you have to stitch them together. If you can finish both of those blankets by the New Year you are my new hero.
    Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    3 of the hats I made. The other ones are white unicorn hats like the one pictured. My neighbor wants these for Christmas presents.

Attachment 26421

Attachment 26422

Attachment 26423

Attachment 26424

Attachment 26425
    Awww those are fabulous, I love the detail in them! Well done you x

Post Thanks / Like
    This is how I crocheted the dragon's eyes. It shows how to do the eye-lids on here too. I'm pretty sure I made the eye-lids a little bit longer.

I found this on the computer for the nostrils:These are another chore too. (I kid, I kid). Again, make sure if you make two of them unless you decide that you want a deformed dragon.

In a mr, sc 6

round 1: ch 2, dc in 4 stitches, sc in 2 stitches

Finish off and weave in the ends.
    This is how they made the dragon's mouth but I didn't make this one. I made something like the eyelids but chained 11 and sc across (10 sc's) decreased on both sides and didn't cut the yarn but chained 11 again and did the same thing - sc across every row, ch 1 for ea row and decrease on both sides. I don't know how many I chained for the tongue - just how long I thought the chain should be and ch 1 and sc across every row, and decreased on one side. The other side wasn't decreased just straight. So it would curve on one side.

This is the dragon's ears but it's only a flat circle that's folded. I made 1 flat circle and then made 1 more rnd but thought it was too hard on the hands and didn't make another one and just chained so long (I don't know how many chains) and sc'd on both sides like I was making a slipper and kept crocheting around until the sides were even - about 4 rnds.

The eyes,eyelids,pupils,nostrils,mouth,tongue,and ears I put on a hat for a boy. When I put the ears on it looked like Shrek or (someone said an ogar).
    This is fab, and I love the eyes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi.
    Thanks Nikki
    Are you putting ear-phones on the hat you're doing?
    Yup I did

What's Everyone Working On?-73152206_2348646082115940_3626334728753250304_n-jpg

What's Everyone Working On?-73395466_2348646122115936_5197537854162468864_n-jpg

5. Likes kl1000, spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it's a minecraft hat! With music headphones attached

What's Everyone Working On?-img20191008131945-16621960156365486322-jpg

7. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    While the answer may be a bit cliche, what am i NOT working on? lol

Manipulating a shawl pattern; extra-tiny doilies that are going to get stitched together for something larger; thread squares for what is originally a blanket pattern that will be significantly smaller (and what it will be i dunno).

Then, of course, are all the other projects lined up and waiting to go: a shrug that i have to pay attention to the pattern and not a mindless hookin; hibernated flowers that i'd like to get more of the yarn i used to make more to piece them together to make something larger.

Recently "finished" (i never block my projects *sadface*) are a couple of shawls that allowed me to get to use hook sizes i don't normally use. i'm a little frustrated as i feel i'm stuck on shawls (that i never wear) at the moment, and should probably look into seeing about donating them somewhere (assisted living, etc)

Are there pictures? Of course not! i'm a hooker not a picture maker! When i do get pics up, they tend to be on Ravelry (if you are interested in takin a gander), as i have no intention of flooding this poor forum with SO MANY projects!
    Last edited by ramblyambly; 05-14-2020 at 01:26 PM.

9. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finished the hooded scarf and the wheelchair wrap, etc. and knitted up some thick yarn with crocheted edging and I'm working on working with ribbon yarn for the first time.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been crocheting items for our 6th great grandchild, a boy, who will be born in August. I have made a hooded sweater, two blankets, a cocoon and hat and one blue bootie! Need to make the other bootie. Almost finished with the second blanket.
    What's Everyone Working On?-sweater-drew-byrne-5-12-20-jpgWhat's Everyone Working On?-blanket-drew-byrne-jpgWhat's Everyone Working On?-cocoon-hat-drew-jpgWhat's Everyone Working On?-bootie-jpg
    I will post a photo of the second blanket when it is finished.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 05-28-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

12. Likes Jean Marie, spoula, ramblyambly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Jo! but that sweater looks big for a baby and I see you made some filet teddy bear squares for the blanket. I've made some filet teddy bear squares out of baby yarn. What type of yarn did you use for the filet teddy bear squares?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I like all these items. Your sweater is so cute real boyish looking. I always make baby things witth baby colors but I noticed others are using darker colors and I really like them. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

6th great grandchild how wonderful you get to live long enough to see your family grow.
    Spoula