Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is how I crocheted the dragon's eyes. It shows how to do the eye-lids on here too. I'm pretty sure I made the eye-lids a little bit longer.

I found this on the computer for the nostrils:These are another chore too. (I kid, I kid). Again, make sure if you make two of them unless you decide that you want a deformed dragon.

In a mr, sc 6

round 1: ch 2, dc in 4 stitches, sc in 2 stitches

Finish off and weave in the ends.
    This is how they made the dragon's mouth but I didn't make this one. I made something like the eyelids but chained 11 and sc across (10 sc's) decreased on both sides and didn't cut the yarn but chained 11 again and did the same thing - sc across every row, ch 1 for ea row and decrease on both sides. I don't know how many I chained for the tongue - just how long I thought the chain should be and ch 1 and sc across every row, and decreased on one side. The other side wasn't decreased just straight. So it would curve on one side.

This is the dragon's ears but it's only a flat circle that's folded. I made 1 flat circle and then made 1 more rnd but thought it was too hard on the hands and didn't make another one and just chained so long (I don't know how many chains) and sc'd on both sides like I was making a slipper and kept crocheting around until the sides were even - about 4 rnds.

The eyes,eyelids,pupils,nostrils,mouth,tongue,and ears I put on a hat for a boy. When I put the ears on it looked like Shrek or (someone said an ogar).
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-24-2019 at 09:51 PM.

2. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't make this dragon. Fierce or Sleepy Dragon Pattern Part One If you click on one of the videos in the pattern, you'll see more videos listed - even fire for the dragon

Post Thanks / Like
    I have finished this item recently What's Everyone Working On?-2019-09-23-copy-jpg
    Now I have started one filet doily but my grandson is here. I do not have time to crochet
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Larisa, Beautiful and stunning work always from you. Just amazing your talent. I wish I could so what you do.
    I love your work.

I also know what it is like to have toddlers around. I had my little grandaughter for 3 days last week.
    How is your grandson he is not a baby any longer is he? He should be walking and getting into everything.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    @kl1000. Your red cloth is gorgeous. It seems that most projects of this kind are usually in a neutral, light colour. But the effect with your choice of red is beautiful.

7. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Work!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Jayne View Post
    Those are amazing
    Thanks Nikki

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I'm currently working on 3 blankets/afghans. One is just straight linked double crochet in red and blues for a great nephew. The other two are from Hooked on Sunshine Phoenix. The two phoenix blankets I'm doing in tandem, and the other one is for when I don't want to have to think about reading a pattern. I also make dishcloths when I just need something to do with my hands and can't dedicate any time to get out the bigger projects.

What's Everyone Working On?-phoenix-r20-jpg

here are the two Phoenix blankets to round 20.
    Deb in WA

11. Likes spoula, MeToo! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello JustDeb, Those are nice squares. How big are the squares? Will the blankets be square or are you making squares that you will crochet together? How long does it take to make a blanket like that? I don't think I could do one of those big blankets.

You are doing a great job so far. I would like to see the blankets when they are finished.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    the blankets are square. this is just to round 20. There are 108 rounds in this blanket. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage as it gets bigger but a lot of people are making them for king sized beds, so it's doable. How long it takes varies. If I can keep my momentum I hope to have them both done by the new year, but that is just a very optimistic guess.
    Deb in WA