Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Help please

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Help please

I made my very first pair of baby booties and one is slightly larger than the other. Is that due to my tension or because I am left handed but crochet right handed or do I need to find a very SIMPLE pattern to work with first? The booties are for my 13th great--grandchild due in November. I would like for them to be the same size and done before she is born. Her blankie is done but oh those booties are a trip. ROFL

2. Likes marybethblus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, GrammiePamie,

Welcome!! I am Landon, I am new to crocheting. My guess would be the gauge is off due to tension. But, like I said, I am new. I know you will get LOTS of great replies from members here who have been crocheting for ages!! The talent here is truly amazing!!

Congratulations on your 13 great grandchildren, how cool is that? Do you have any pics of her blankie? We LOVE pics!!!

XOXOX
    Happy Crocheting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi grammiePamie, wellcome to the forum! my guess it could be your tension also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! I make only doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi GrammiePamie, The same thing happened to me and I think it is the tension. I made another one and just kept checking the size as I went. I also discovered I had and extra stitich where I had lost count. Try, try again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all ladies so much for the advice. I think you are all right. I am making a new one and I also find that I tendency to grit my teeth as I am working. Odd I never noticed that before. strange. Will let you know how the second pair comes out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby!

I've found that when I have to make two identical anythings, that I work on them both at the same time, working a bit on the one and then a bit on the other. That way, my tension is the same on both.

Maybe you might want to try that? For try as I do, I can never get two mittens, socks or anything else to match by doing it any other way.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

9. Likes billieconrad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks crochetgal. I will try that on the second pair. After muttering over these booties kl1000 if they don"t come out right, I think I will stick to doilies and blankies and flowers and little animals, and beg my grandchildren if checks would be allright. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    you are quite welcome grammie. Even though I've been crocheting for a living for many years, I still really don't like booties. As a matter of fact I'd rather pay a friend who enjoys making them to make them for me rather than fight with them myself.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    They are a bear!!!!!! I love your shop. All my favorite colors and really great prices. I will check my inventory. Yummy!!!!!!